Motec Pinout question

Pete,

I was just looking through the manual since I'm interested in buying a motec ecu, but would have to modify it to fit a 15f. When I was going through it I noticed something odd.... how come there are two kawasaki pins going into one motec pin for the engine temp, oil temp, and water temp? Are you actually crimping two wires into one pin to mate up to the motec? Also what other sensors are using the 5v and 0v power supplies. I noticed on my 15f manual and pinout, that it has a pin for "power to sensors", but then it also has pins for all the temp sensors. I'm assuming this "power to sensors" is for the other vehicle down, steering assist, etc.... also which sensors use the 0v supply.

Thanks

James

+1
    Pete,

I was just looking through the manual since I'm interested in buying a motec ecu, but would have to modify it to fit a 15f. When I was going through it I noticed something odd.... how come there are two kawasaki pins going into one motec pin for the engine temp, oil temp, and water temp?
    Actualy there are not 2 kawasaki pins joined, one is the sensor pin and the other is our KPE pin which is a pull up resistor.Are you actually crimping two wires into one pin to mate up to the motec? Also what other sensors are using the 5v and 0v power supplies. I noticed on my 15f manual and pinout, that it has a pin for "power to sensors", but then it also has pins for all the temp sensors. I'm assuming this "power to sensors" is for the other vehicle down, steering assist, etc.... also which sensors use the 0v supply.
    Not sure what you mean here.
    All sensors use 0V and powered sensors such as TPS and MAP use 5V
    Thanks

James

Thread Information