XPDI Exhaust Silencer Resonator delete

I have recently added the PPG Level 1 Kit to my newest aquired 03' XPDI. I have not run the ski yet as I am in the process of applying the kit, and its winter...lol But what I am looking for "and I may have screwed up" is how to get rid of the exhaust silencer/resonator, you know...the long finger looking thing that connects where the exhaust leaves the ski.... I have cut it out thinking that I would just buy a 90 degree 3" wet exhaust hose and just stick it in there with some connectors but what I have come to the realization of is that the entry piece to the resonator is 2.5" and the exit is 3".

Has anyone had experince with this and does anyone have an answer to my possible OOps?? I simply wanted more sound from the exhaust, dont expect any power gain....

Quote Originally Posted by 2strokeRCR View Post
    I have recently added the PPG Level 1 Kit to my newest aquired 03' XPDI. I have not run the ski yet as I am in the process of applying the kit, and its winter...lol But what I am looking for "and I may have screwed up" is how to get rid of the exhaust silencer/resonator, you know...the long finger looking thing that connects where the exhaust leaves the ski.... I have cut it out thinking that I would just buy a 90 degree 3" wet exhaust hose and just stick it in there with some connectors but what I have come to the realization of is that the entry piece to the resonator is 2.5" and the exit is 3".

Has anyone had experince with this and does anyone have an answer to my possible OOps?? I simply wanted more sound from the exhaust, dont expect any power gain....
    The easiest way to do away with the plastic resonator is to replace the rear exhaust hose with the 98XPL hose. It bypasses the plastic resonator because the 98XPL did not use the resonator. BTW, there will be no power increase or sound change with the resonator removed.
    Robert V

You will need a 98 XPL hose and outlet nipple the nut and seal is the same on the outlet but the nipple is different. I am not sure you cn get the hose I think it is discontinued. Try PPG I think they had some. As others have said there is little reason to remove the resonator. The XP has such long pipes that the resonator seldom gets damaged on and XPL. There is no performance increase.

hello,

how is the level 1 kit working out for you. I'm considering it.

thanks

howard.

Thread Information