Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    slydogge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    306

    PV GP1300 max rpm???

    Hey guys I have a 03 GPR with

    riva ride plate
    sho bored nozz.
    pump seal kit and reinforced
    wiseico pistons
    riva head
    ross nemo TB's
    3 deg keyway
    d plate
    holeshot kit
    14/ 20 concord imp.
    riva fuel controller
    gas valves


    I am about to get some ported cylinders and once I get it together im afraid it may turn too many RPM with the 14/20. Whats the most rpm I should turn before going up to a taller impeller.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,799
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by slydogge View Post
    Hey guys I have a 03 GPR with

    riva ride plate
    sho bored nozz.
    pump seal kit and reinforced
    wiseico pistons
    riva head
    ross nemo TB's
    3 deg keyway
    d plate
    holeshot kit
    14/ 20 concord imp.
    riva fuel controller
    gas valves


    I am about to get some ported cylinders and once I get it together im afraid it may turn too many RPM with the 14/20. Whats the most rpm I should turn before going up to a taller impeller.

    Thanks
    about 7400

    you will need about a 14/22 with that concord (depending on nozzle size and tuning)

  3. #3
    slydogge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    306
    Thanks! You have helped me alot I appreciate it! I need to upgrade to the HO pump but I cant find one reasonable. The nozzle is 92mm I believe I will have to check to make sure. Do you re pitch props Rich? Or should I use another style prop now?

  4. #4
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,799
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by slydogge View Post
    Thanks! You have helped me alot I appreciate it! I need to upgrade to the HO pump but I cant find one reasonable. The nozzle is 92mm I believe I will have to check to make sure. Do you re pitch props Rich? Or should I use another style prop now?
    92mm is huge

    yes, I re-pitch them

    holla if you wanna chat

    713-725-8596

  5. #5
    slydogge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    306
    must not be 92mm then lol. I had the local machine shop bore it to the oem size but I cant remember what it is. If I was not at my dest at work I would love to call! If the deal I am working with the cylinders comes through I will call you up about the re-pitch! Again I appreciate all the help!

  6. #6
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by slydogge View Post
    must not be 92mm then lol. I had the local machine shop bore it to the oem size but I cant remember what it is. If I was not at my dest at work I would love to call! If the deal I am working with the cylinders comes through I will call you up about the re-pitch! Again I appreciate all the help!
    Just from my own testing, I bored out the nozzle to a more 90mm plus rounded using a flapper wheel, I believe the SHO nozzle is 90/86mm or close to... more oval shaped...performance on the water was HORRIBLE... way too much play in the steering and no speed gains or performance gain...threw it out and bought another SHO nozzle...works great

  7. #7
    slydogge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    306
    Man I dont remember what size but I thought I had the machine shop match it to the oem size. I paid them to do it because I wanted to make sure it was perfect.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Just from my own testing, I bored out the nozzle to a more 90mm plus rounded using a flapper wheel, I believe the SHO nozzle is 90/86mm or close to... more oval shaped...performance on the water was HORRIBLE... way too much play in the steering and no speed gains or performance gain...threw it out and bought another SHO nozzle...works great
    true, we talked about this. 90x86 works very good as is with a 85mm exit nozzle. 92mm if you are using a 87mm exit nozzle.
    I currently have my sho steering nozzle at 92mmx90 and it works for me...
    I recalled 7360+ on my tach when the weather was cool with a 13\19 Skat.

  9. #9
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    true, we talked about this. 90x86 works very good as is with a 85mm exit nozzle. 92mm if you are using a 87mm exit nozzle.
    I currently have my sho steering nozzle at 92mmx90 and it works for me...
    I recalled 7360+ on my tach when the weather was cool with a 13\19 Skat.
    YEAH...I remember...might have bored it out a little to much...LOLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	NOZ2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	226721

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    YEAH...I remember...might have bored it out a little to much...LOLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	NOZ2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	226721
    hahahahahhaa, hahahahahahaha, hahahhaha LMAO!...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Max RPM's on stock '07 RXP/RXT
    By ramnj in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 09:03 PM
  2. 6300-6500 Max RPM GTX 07 LTD
    By bermy guy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
  3. your experience with intake grate,ride plate and max rpm.
    By johnt365 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 10:08 PM
  4. MAX RPM and spedo error
    By JimC in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
  5. loss of power ( Max rpm 7000 ) after 7 hours
    By LAB69 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •