Sticky exhaust valves

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with sticky exhaust valves?

mine rusted up so bad once after 3 months and a half ass flush that the head had to come off.

Its a GPRSHO and we noticed the exhaust tube that goes thoughg the coupler and into water box was cut off so we assumes water was collecting in the boot and condensating up onto the exhaust valves.

So anyways cleaned up the head, fixed the pipe and it still does it every know and then, if i leave it for 2-3 weeks without a start it will be missing a couple cylinders when you first fire it, then it frees up though i rekon if i left it for ages it would seize up again

Any ideas? is there a good way to fog these things? its more an issue only on the exhaust, not inlet..

Im using an after flush agent now... like alittle plug can that goes on the hose, smells like fish oil and its supposed to help the corrosion side of things, though its not helping that much

thanks in advance

Pete

+1
    i could be wrong but i think this happened to SHOdude

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    i could be wrong but i think this happened to SHOdude
    +1 see post #1011 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...84885&page=102

+1
    This sounds EXACTLY what happen to SHOdude.

+1
    this has happenned to a few people with gpr-sho's that cut off that tube that goes into the waterbox..

id weld that pipe back on and use a waterbox that hasnt been completely gutted,
    also if on your way back home from riding as you tow the ski behind the car you happen to go down hill and have to hit the brakes theres a good chance you could have water travel back into the cylinders since the engine sits alittle lower in the gpr hull, and now matter how much you rev up the engine at the ramp youll always have water left in the waterbox.

in my case when im trailering my ski back home from riding i have to go over this tall bridge and you have to slow down when you get to the bottom so with a setup like yours id probably end up with salt water in the cylinders, exhaust side..

+1
    you could spray some fogging oil in cylinders if you think she going to sit,also low point drain could be installed

Oh dear........ again????????

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    It's not condensation or a fogging issue you are getting water in there, By any chance did you cut the pipe that comes out of the exhaust manifold that will do it, The other cause will be if you gutted the water box and you cut the pipe that goes out.

Hi guys

the pipe was cut off... ive put one back on!!! and its stock waterbox...

Aslong as i start it weekly its OK... though not good to put away for a while...

it may be that we didnt properly clean out the valve stems when we fixed it last time, but cant see how that would affect it now...

its odd... like its condensating badly.. even using a flushing additive doesnt help...

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    you could spray some fogging oil in cylinders if you think she going to sit,also low point drain could be installed
    Nah its not broken again.. if i leave it for over a week.. it cranks over with a stutter.. sounds like ones down.. then it fires with a mis fire.. and after a few minutes it comes good.... but just means i can put it in storage for a while.. which sucks

Thread Information