Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Picking up srt8 challenger, mods?

Looking at a red srt8 challenger and I am thinking of a K&N air intake system and magnaflow exhaust for starters. If you have experience with the srt8 engine I'd love any advice you can give or any worth while mods.

edit- to clarify, this is the 6.1 not the 392

+1
    I had an srt8 charger and loved it except for replacing the brake pads every 15000 miles and the tires about the same. Also cleaning the wheels twice a week was a pain also. The brembo pads are soft. Not sure if the challenger uses the same pads but if so I suggest replacing them with something a bit harder. As for mods, a programmer is the absolute first thing you need to do. The computer controls waay to much crap with traction control and torque management.

huge ass supercharger

+1
    Check out the charger forums on the web!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I had an srt8 charger and loved it except for replacing the brake pads every 15000 miles and the tires about the same. Also cleaning the wheels twice a week was a pain also. The brembo pads are soft. Not sure if the challenger uses the same pads but if so I suggest replacing them with something a bit harder. As for mods, a programmer is the absolute first thing you need to do. The computer controls waay to much crap with traction control and torque management.
    I have looked into a Diablo Predator for the car but thats the only programmer I have looked at and I am not even sure how good it is. My buddy has a SMARTY for his cummins but I'm not sure if they make programmers for gas car.

I am used to break dust with the 300c I have now but I appreciate the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    huge ass supercharger
    Hennesy Performance??

Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Check out the charger forums on the web!
    Way ahead of ya'

+1
    I love those cars Mike. Would be hard to decide between one of those and a cool Mustang.

+1
    i know its a little early but you might want to think about doing the trade in mod this way you can up grade to a better car LOL j/k.its a shame the car is just so heavy because the motor is pretty potent. but at a curb weight of almost 4200 pounds it just kills the way the car preforms. but its really more of bv cruiser like the newer gm gto. I think it would be a very fun street car.

i would do the simple little things first like you said. i skip a hand held tuner if were me and i go right to a local shop and let them dyno tune it after you get the mods on it that you want. id also join a form becuase a lot of times there are tons of little tricks to get more hp out of the car.

+1
    Thanks for the advice stingray. Maybe I'll just go with the limited edition srt10 challenger I heard about it last night watching Barret-Jackson on speed.

I wish.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Thanks for the advice stingray. Maybe I'll just go with the limited edition srt10 challenger I heard about it last night watching Barret-Jackson on speed.

I wish.....
    those limited editions cars are always cool but id never want to own one id feel guilty putting miles on it lol. i haven't heard about it you have a link?

by the way i had a lot of problems with rotors on the camaro. my advice is go with a napa brand rotors they are far better then other brands i yet to warp my rotors on that. if you do autocross or a lot of hard braking you may even want to go with a cross drilled and slotted rotor this allows the gasses to escape and lets the brakes lay flat on the rotor. i went to ceramic pads on my camaro as well and i dont notice a difference in braking though a softer compound would stop better then oem. but the nice part is no brake dust.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information