Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pump mod...........

I know this has been written and done to death, I have just gone throught the 18 pages in the tips section and pretty sure I understand what needs to be done.

1) Machine down my 08 shaft to allow second front bearing.
    2) Cut a L/H thread on the rear part of shaft behing rear bearing and add nut/washer as per coonass mod.

I have also found the parts list but when I use the OEM replacement parts store onthis site and look at the 2010 pump, it shows the hull? If I look at the drive shaft for year I seem to get the pump but not all the parts are listed below???

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=132&B=24

The front bearing is showing $19.14 but the parts list as posted by Drew shows them at $27.96, is it a different bearing???

Also when you fit the second fron bearing is it hard up against the other or do you use a spacer between the 2? Do you need to mod the 08 pump housing for the second bearings outter race, or is this channel from the first bearing already there, i.e it continues into the housing so the new bearing will just slid in and fit? hope that makes sense??

I will take some pictures when I do this and write a step by step guide as from what I have seen theres alot of jumbled information.
    Cheers

The 2010 driveshaft / bearings "package" will fit right into your boat. These parts are relatively cheap so I don't see the point in messing around with old parts to get this done. There's an old saying on the high seas and it goes like this, "if you think it is time to do something it already was"!

And you are right this topic has been beaten to death here like a rented mule. Net Net, however you choose to proceed this is something you should do!

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Good advice from the channel master.....

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    The 2010 driveshaft / bearings "package" will fit right into your boat. These parts are relatively cheap so I don't see the point in messing around with old parts to get this done. There's an old saying on the high seas and it goes like this, "if you think it is time to do something it already was"!

And you are right this topic has been beaten to death here like a rented mule. Net Net, however you choose to proceed this is something you should do!
    The 2010 shaft doesn't have the threaded part on the the rear for the 'jam' type nut??? Please could someone point me in the right direct for one of these 'packages' or is it buy seperates?

My ski still has 6 months warranty and I have had no issues in past 18months but before she goes on the big blue again the pump mod will be done. Just need some advice as above.......

Kwakmat there are some aftermarket sales people supplying the whole kit to make it easy, Impros, Rogue racing etc have packaged the kits so you can be sure the right parts are selected. Impros I think has the nut mod on the shaft.

LOL I have just put an order with Rogue for the pulleys, I think I have it sussed on here with the parts list and I will turn a thread and nut for the end of the shaft. I believe I might have to make a 2-3mm packer between the rear bearing and shoulder as from what i have read the rear bearing may not sit up hard against lip/shuolder and if there was a failure then the nut will pull on the bearing and the bearing will have a 3mm void which may be to late for the crank.

+1
    Just a thought!
    In OZ no matter what year your 250/260. If you take it into a dealer for any reason what so ever, maybe a simple oil change.
    They have permition from Kawasaki OZ to put a new shaft and bearings in for you for free. 2010 set up.
    It doesnt have the coonass mod but it's free.
    I took advantage of that then when I catch up with Waz he is going to do the coonass mod.

Only thing is they won't do it to grey imports.

Food for thought.

Right out of the top draw that, I get on well with my dealer, is there any SB anywhere with that info? Or written anywhere? Just so as I can pass it on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwakmat View Post
    Right out of the top draw that, I get on well with my dealer, is there any SB anywhere with that info? Or written anywhere? Just so as I can pass it on.
    nothing in writting, but both our dealers told me and one of them i dont like.
    They told me they didn't want to advertise it but it is true.
    Just tell it to your dealer and see what they say.

+1
    btw its not a l/h thread and you wont find it on a oem shaft you have to use a die and make your own 19mm-3/4" from memory, front bearing is a fucking front bearing just order two, no you dont need a spacer we would have posted in the thread if you needed one. yes the housing will hold the two bearings so no machining required. measure the bearing machine the shaft to suit. dont fit a packer to the rear its meant to be that way so nothing binds up check and measure how far the rear bearing sits in the housing before disassembly and check it again after assembly sometimes you might have to relieve the cone a little as it presses too hard on the rear. yep its been flogged to death but im bored so heres the help you asked for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information