Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for someone to fix gp1200r

I bought the ski, and of course the guy said it ran la la la...take it into the water and it only goes about 40 ..it has good compression but the third cylinder spark plug is like brand new so i started to work on this ski and wanted to put a block off kit on , clean the gas tank.... but with work I have no time to finish this project so im trying to find someone close to buffalo, ny to fix the ski. Im willing to drive a little bit but im completely lost on working on this ski , im use to fixing stand ups.

if you wanted to give it a shot, try to put in a d-plate. When i bought my 05 gp1300, it wouldnt go above about 35 or so, the rpms about 5500. After messing with a bunch of stuff, finally put a d-plate in and wa-la! perfect running ski again.

Was real easy to do, maybe took 20 mins start to finish. My cat-con didnt look broke apart or anything, but that must have been the problem.

Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hfthe3rd View Post
    I bought the ski, and of course the guy said it ran la la la...take it into the water and it only goes about 40 ..it has good compression but the third cylinder spark plug is like brand new so i started to work on this ski and wanted to put a block off kit on , clean the gas tank.... but with work I have no time to finish this project so im trying to find someone close to buffalo, ny to fix the ski. Im willing to drive a little bit but im completely lost on working on this ski , im use to fixing stand ups.
    lots of forum members up that way... Im sure someone will chime in soon

I hope i can find someone to help me out

+1
    give me a call, I live in Burllington, Ontario (1 hour away) and I ski in Ellicotteville once a week so I drive by every week

philip
    [email protected]
    905-320-6051

Seadookilla
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hfthe3rd View Post
    If you've got great compression but one of the plugs looks "brand new", odds are that cylinder's carb is clogged up/not delivering fuel. Clean your carbs 1st, while your at it, the D-Plate would be easy to install and add a little gain, but it (Cat. Converter) is not your problem.

hi i have de same pbl on my 01 gp1200r i live in MARLBORO, MA CAN SAMEONE HELP ON THIS

Albany NY here.Shoot me A PM if I can help

Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    give me a call, I live in Burllington, Ontario (1 hour away) and I ski in Ellicotteville once a week so I drive by every week

philip
    [email protected]
    905-320-6051
    Hey ill be in contact with you soon, Currently my ski is under two feet of snow lol but I could deff use some help. I also snowboard at holiday valley and during the summer i jet ski at crystal beach and dunville.

I'm here in Niagara Falls if you need anything. Let me know.

-Jon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information