Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OWN network, Lame but funny!

you guys have to read some of this crap, too funny...
    Poor poor Oprah! she better save her money to Buy osama another term... that comment was funny!

After a Strong Start, Ratings Tumble for Oprah’s OWN Network

by Adam Buckman
    Jan 21st, 2011 | 10:50 AM | Comments 228

After a stratospheric launch on New Year’s Day, the ratings for Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network have fallen back to earth. Viewership is down across the new network’s entire lineup, according to The New York Post.

RSS
    COMMENTS

• Judy Jan 21st, 2011 | 11:41 am
      I am highly disappointed that shows from OWN are not available online. I feel that I pay enough for cable, and do not want to add to my Cable bill; although if it (OWN)was available without having to subscribe to it–I probably would watch it.
      I really wish that Peter Walsh’s show was available. I think he’s terrific!
    • dlf Jan 21st, 2011 | 12:03 pm
      What a joke. This is not a new network. All she has on this station is her old cronies. Who wants to watch reruns of stupid phil!!! Another station I won’t be watching.
    • colle Jan 21st, 2011 | 12:23 pm
      We don’t need another cable network of boring shows. Too much Okra is overkill.
    • Cornelius Jan 21st, 2011 | 12:51 pm
      Unfortunately, OWN is not really anything actually new that you can’t already find on the many other cable stations. Much of its programming is a remixed offering of other concepts such as Hoarders (Enough Already) or Star Search this or that(Your OWN Show). Wait there’s more,future shows from Sarah Ferguson and Shania Twain, Really? Too much hype for such a lackluster return. Call me OWN for some really fresh ideas.
    • linda Jan 21st, 2011 | 12:54 pm
      very disappointing… nothing but reruns and watching a radio show is like watching paint dry!
    • BONEQUEETA Jan 21st, 2011 | 1:46 pm
      I WISHED I COUD GIT OPHRA. I CANT GIT PREMUM CHANELS. I HOPE OBAMA CAN GIT IT FOUR ME SO I CAN WATCH HUR. IT SHOULD BE PART OF THE FREDUM OF IMFURMATION ACT. ALOT OF BLACK FOLKS CANT GIT HER. IT SHOOD BE PART OF MY WELFAIR.

• Stiff Jan 21st, 2011 | 1:47 pm
      I agree with Judy statements regarding not wanting my cable bill to be higher in order to watch OWN. Oprah has acquired enough money to last several life times, and appeares to be a giving person. Why isn’t this program free for all and not for profit? I have yet to watch.
    • jo stanton Jan 21st, 2011 | 2:14 pm
      Oh yes-same warmed over shows-booooring-and Gail-ugh! And alright already with Dr. Phil. Nothing new on this network; unfortunately she cut most of the Mystery Diagnosis shows. It’s Oprah all over again; overly conceited and thinking she can do anything, Go away Oprah.
    • MMJ Jan 21st, 2011 | 2:17 pm
      I couldn’t care less about the OWN Network. Comcast replaced Discovery Health, a channel that I DID watch, with this boring channel. Bring back Discovery Health PLEASE and get rid of Oprah!
    • Stevie Wonder Jan 21st, 2011 | 2:21 pm
      Ray Charles could have seen this coming.
    • bears Jan 21st, 2011 | 2:26 pm
      So disappointing – she is just showing old tired repeats, movies etc. Where is the new content, the new stuff? Can’t launch a network with repeats and same old stuff. I love Oprah and she usually has great creativity. She needs to get some meaningful content SOON or all is lost!!!
    • LaVerne Walker Jan 21st, 2011 | 3:46 pm
      I have a show for Oprah, It’s fresh, new, and intriguing, “The Darius Walker Experience” The DWX! Check out the sizzer reel at http://www.thedwx.com. It’s a man show!! All you want to know about men by men! Let men tell their own stories. Variety! He was in her competition for “Your Own Show” and did well but was not selected. How about now? Everyone who hears about the show and it’s concept loves the idea!!!!! It would really be of interest to all, both male and female! Contact us!
    • Connie B Jan 21st, 2011 | 4:03 pm
      I don’t want this channel in my cable line up. CW was dropped to make run for this crap. I want CW back!
    • Fareeda Watson Jan 21st, 2011 | 4:03 pm
      I would like to see a show involving hope, peace, love, goodwill toward all men, and peace on earth with different faiths or religions coming together (maybe 4 at a time) on a specific topic that can help join us together as a global community. Nothing controversial, but giving a message of hope, peace, love, diversity and understanding of one another every morning. I feel this is a part of your message as well because you are globally recognized and this is what you represent. This show should represent that one faith is not better than another because we are all connected. No audience to ask questions – each representative of the faith having equal time to give their message.
    • Get off the air!!!!! Jan 21st, 2011 | 6:33 pm
      Why can’t she just fade away? ENOUGH already!
    • @ Fareeda Jan 21st, 2011 | 6:36 pm
      This isn’t a Miss America pageant!!!!
    • Donna K Jan 21st, 2011 | 6:51 pm
      I’m very glad to read that the ratings are going down. I hope they keep going in that direction. I agree with MMJ. I have WOW cable which they also replaced Discovery Health with OWN Network. I loved that station. I don’t care about any of Oprah’s shows. None of them interest me. I’m just tired of Oprah and her money bulldozing her way through everything. If she wanted a cable channel, why didn’t she just start her own instead of taking over someone else’s. I second the motion to bring back Discovery Health.
    • Susan R. Jan 21st, 2011 | 8:31 pm
      The channel just started. If it doesn’t get any better, no big deal. There are so many stations/channels that were interesting at first, and now are quite boring like HGTV; or the Food channel; or BBCAmerica that has reruns of STar Trak and Doctor Who and Top Gear every single day. I could go on and on signaling out the crummy channels that have boring programs. So give OWN a chance;
      people are so quick to criticize. I don’t care how much money Oprah has; she worked hard to earn it ; get off your “asses” and strive to make as much money legally–enough whining and complaining.
    • courtney Jan 21st, 2011 | 9:26 pm
      The network has potential – anything Oprah touches turns to gold. What she needs to do now is keep developing what I think is a great concept. The Season 25 show is absolutely fascinating, it’s by far the best show on OWN. I also like dr. laura’s show – no one else has done sex therapy on tv yet and the are tons of couples who can benefit from her advice. i’m going to stay tuned….

• Mark Jan 21st, 2011 | 10:35 pm
      Well, here in Grand Rapids, michigan, our local Comcast has seen fit to not show Oprah’s network (sounds kind of right wing racism, does it not?), but I know the now voice for the dangerous right Fox network, faired poorly in the beginning
      (when it used to be fun to watch), but with time it grew into the anti-American machine it is today. Oprah’s network needs time to develope into something that may counter Fox’s attempts at leading this nation into the darkness. Nuff said.
    • ed Jan 21st, 2011 | 11:00 pm
      Enough already with this self serving racist woman. Just go away. I just hope she doesn’t lose a lot of money on her flop network, she won’t be able to buy Obama a second term.
    • You Are Irrelevant Jan 21st, 2011 | 11:02 pm
      @Mark – Please do not have any children. Your mind is so far gone how do you feed yourself with a fork without losing an eye? Fox is to anti-american as MSNBC is to the Bible and gun ownership and the heterosexual life style.
    • bj Jan 21st, 2011 | 11:51 pm
      @Bonequetta…..Were you trying to be cute or can’t you spell? Wow!
      Love Oprah but can’t get her network. Wish I could.
    • gwen Jan 22nd, 2011 | 1:47 am
      Iam sure that polls have been done on what shows were watched. I myself liked Dr. G no station can have all the most popular TV shows. All you can do is to have one or two that bring the viewers in and remember you cannot please everyone
    • Hope Jan 22nd, 2011 | 3:01 am
      I loved Discovery Health, watched it daily – the OWN network is a total bore!! Oprah needs to bring back all the shows we loved to watch on the Health channel!!
    • V Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:52 am
      I have tried to give OWN a try but I have lost interest. Oprah Behind the Scenes: I think the real Oprah is not a nice person, her staff looks like they are scared TO DEATH of her. The Oprah on the Oprah show, and the real Oprah look like they are night and day. The Gayle King Show is torture to watch. You know how time drags and drags on holidays, well times that by 100. And have your Own Show, THAT WAS THE CREAM TO THE CROP? most of those people have no business working at Walmart. I thinks this OWN “network” may be another Titanic. When it sinks Oprah, maybe your buddy Obama can bail you out.
    • Disappointed... Jan 22nd, 2011 | 3:39 pm
      Oprah needs to retire. Her ego has had plenty of airtime over the years. Now she thinks that some higher authority has given her a “mission”. Really it’s her ego. I’ve just never seen anyone like her. I know she’s done a lot of generous things in her life, however people who truly give from the heart, whether it’s time, money, etc. usually do so without the need for being thanked and publicly recognized all the time. Seems self serving to me. I’ve been watching OWN, but there’s really nothing new or exciting here. Some shows downright boring. I don’t see the need to watch it any longer.
    • Sour on O Jan 22nd, 2011 | 4:23 pm
      Just looking at the listings for the channel on Fios, the shows are not entertaining, people need the ability to avoid their problems for an hour or two instead of self help. As noted, there are a lot of Oprah’s friends who have a show on the network. There needs to be a wider variety of programming that is CURRENT. Self help for more than an hour at a time is stale as are some of the non-Oprah shows.
    • orma Jan 22nd, 2011 | 6:15 pm
      There are too many,”Oprah” shows on this network. Yes she ,”Owns” the network but
      does everything have to have her in it? Oprah is not a God to be followed only
      a mere human being who has succeeded. Life is more than Oprah. Hopefully the shows will reflect more than just things Oprah likes or wants. This network needs to
      keep the focus on people. Oprah needs to get out of the picture and out of the
      commercials about this network. The emphasis should be on good shows with
      good content.I would say to Oprah, step aside … focus on real life for the
      average person with ,”your” new network….”That would truly show
      to the world ,it’s not all about you.
    • odumbo Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:42 pm
      oprah windbag will reveal monday that her family has a butt sniffin fetish
    • Smerc Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:52 pm
      Not impressed……the behind the scenes show is okay, but all the other things are horrible. That fake apprentice reality show is the pits! They have a lot of work to do uncless Ms O has that much money to throw away that it doesn’t matter.
    • Linda Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:52 pm
      Please let’s have a little less Oprah. Oprah needs to disappear for a couple of years and maybe we can begin to miss her and be a little more interested. All Oprah all the time is just TOO MUCH. Gag me.
    • YoYoYo Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:53 pm
      @ bj…I believe Bonequetta was trying to sound like African American. That is what I got from her remark.
    • YoYoYo Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:55 pm
      @ bj…or she was trying to sound un-EDUCATED…
      Will not be watching this channel as I refuse to pay to watch Oprah & further line her pockets.
    • Pam H. Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:56 pm
      OWN is a premium channel on cable. I’d watch the OWN channel it if it were part of the standard cable package, which includes three C-SPAN channels, Fox News, CNN, HGTV, Hallmark, etc. I know I’d watch because I can view selected OWN broadcasts that have been made available OnDemand.
    • debbie Jan 22nd, 2011 | 11:57 pm
      I agree with Hope.I used to watch discovery health channel all the time because it was interesting. I don’t even bother now. I’m sick of all the talk shows and reality shows.
    • @bj Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:00 am
      Honestly, your not missing anything, i love Oprah too and watch her everyday and was looking forward to her new network but have found it to be very disappointing, hopefully though with the ratings going down they will add some new shows that peaks the interests of the viewers.
    • frankystrand Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:01 am
      I wish that she would just take all of her RE-TOUCHED photos and just GO AWAY!
    • Rosemary Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:02 am
      I have Dish network and I can get OWN but my daughter also has Dish.but can not get it because of the package she has.She would love to watch it but can not because the next package level is to expensive right now. Could this be the reason the numbers are falling ?
    • VIEWER EYE"S Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:04 am
      I have not seen the new own network but its still early. Working out the bugs and what kind of showing to put on for all to enjoy. But there is one thing is that need to get back to the basic and listen to the views because they are the ones who will keep watching or kill the new own network cable shows. Yes we need changes and new shows that others don’t have on thier cables line up. Need to have all ages to view the shows. I just hope she will taking everyones advice and then the new network will be stronge. Agree having to pay extra for own network is a bad thing not fair at all. Open her eye’s and see what is happening to her new network cable before it is to late that it failed.
    • Karen Olson Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:05 am
      I watched the new network for a couple of days and am done! Same old boring programs. If I never see Gayle, Dr. phil and the rest of the self help gang I will be happy! I am so disgusted with trashy people airing their dirty laundry in public and sob stories. I want to hear about people with pride and self respect who do good in the world like Jon Bon Jovi and others trying to help those less fortunate. I was a faithful watcher of your show for many years but do not watch it daily, haven’t for several years! I pick and choose the shows I watch Oprah by who is on your show. Avoid Dr.OZ, Dr. Phil,and other junk you have on.When you have something up lifting instead of shock value type programming I will be tuned in.
    • Sully Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:09 am
      I tried watching Oprah behind the scenes & it only proves just how the Kitty Kelly’s book about Oprah is true. She is not a nice person & she is full of herself. The very reason Oprah thought OWN network would be successful is the very reason it will fail…people are sick of seeing her big fat ego & ass on TV.
    • Jen Smith Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:09 am
      I don’t watch the network to be honest I miss Discovery Health that was fascinating and educational. I have stopped watching Oprah’s show awhile ago I don’t like the network and I’m not into any of the shows that are the network. I wish her well but I’m not going to help her do well I don’t like it.
    • Janeesa Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:10 am
      The ratings are falling because we are tired of Oprah and want less of her, not more.
    • DC Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:11 am
      Wow!! I am a white teacher and I’ve heard more non African Americans sound like bonequetta. Just look around honey!! We all have to step up our game!!
    • viv stevens Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:13 am
      Why are people so critical of others. Why not give them a chance. What the world needs is reaching out to others with compassion.Lets strive to be more POSITIVE.
    • Laur Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:14 am
      I am not surprised by this news at all. Does Oprah really think she can compete with ABC, NBC, CBS, etc who have have clearly been around much longer and know how to keep people entertained? OWN reminds me of boring videos/ documentaries I had to watch in Health or History classes in school. Boorringgg. Offering a few educational and inspiring shows to watch is okay, but every single show on Oprah’s network makes me want to fall asleep. I realize the network is new, but it looks like Oprah rushed all of this too soon. She should have prepared more creative and enjoyable shows- and with her money, she has the power to do so. It’s pretty sad there are reruns of shows and yet she fills up a lot of time with old movies that I can simply pull off my shelf or flip to another channel to watch. Why can’t Oprah have fresh and new comical sitcoms or be like Lifetime and have her own movies? I know she can have more up her sleeve…or does this just tell us that she really can’t do anything on her “own”?
    • KAREN Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:18 am
      BONEQUEETA YOU EXPECT THE NETWORK SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN YOUR WELFARE, WHAT A JOKE YOU ARE. YOU CAN’T EVEN SPELL OR SPEAK CORRECTLY. GO BACK TO SCHOOL, GET AN EDUCATION AND STOP TAKING FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT I SUPPORTED MY WHOLE LIFE AND NEVER WAS ON WELFARE AND GREW UP IN A PROJECT IN THE BRONX, NEW YORK.
      SO STOP YOUR WHINING
    • angela Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:19 am
      the network is hard to find. I have to go to on demand and I have found a couple of programs but not at the time they come on. I have always loved Christine Ferrare. I was so surprised to find her on there. I would like to see her shows. this is all disappointing. It looked like she was going to have some very good programing
    • hockeylvr Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:21 am
      DC
      You’re a white teacher????? Why does that matter….are you more enlightened than everyone else because you’re a white teacher.glad you’re not teaching my white kids…loser!!
    • odumbo Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:23 am
      i would like to spank windbag with a pizza paddle

OPRAH for PRESIDENT!!!

#
    Okra is suppose to have... Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:27 am

Michele Obama on. What is the first lady gonna do? Tell everyone what a great job her husband has done? That’ll sure boost Okra’s ratings
    #
    enough Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:33 am

Enough OPRAH Overbearing Pompous Racist Arrogant Hack That is what Oprah stands for. Even at 14 when she was glad her baby was dead (after she drank detergent..hmm Im sure that had nothing to do with the baby dying) she was all about Oprah…She hasnt changed a bit. She is an evil witch who cant keep away from the camera. GO AWAY!!!!!!
    #
    lee Jan 23rd, 2011 | 12:46 am

Can’t stand that liberal oprah!! Never forget how she campaigned for obama..ha..what a joke…she said..”I’m not voting for him because he’s black…its because he’s BRILLIANT”!!! hahahaha…
    She actually thinks she’s a god(little g)…and every one should bow down to her,
    whatever she does, says, she’s a phoney….and that friend…? gail….
    oh p-l-e-a-s-e, give us all a break! BTW…couldn’t watch 10 minutes of her show…will never tune in again, her ratings will “crash & burn”…she needed to go home & do something with herself, just get out of our face!! Same ole same ole….her guests kiss ass, one more thing, she has plenty of $$ and we can’t understand why she cannot drop at least a 100 lbs. shame on her! Maybe she should sign up for the “biggest loser”…she would get more attention at this time, but then again, it would still be all about me-me-me…look at me!
    Oh yes..one more thing for Mark…if NOT for FOX telling us the truth, what’s really going on in our country…(the direction we’re heading)we would be in the dark for sure!! FOX is not the only net-work to inform the U.S. Wake Up America!
    The other (so called major net-works..what a joke to cover for the libs/the truth…we all have your number…the American voter is not fooled!
    I do have to say she does have ONE show…Dr. Oz that is very informative, from Turkey, he is interesting to watch and informs the audience of important health information.

Banned User
    +1
    What pissed me off the most, is that Dish Network made the decision for me, to replace Discovery Health-which I watched, with OWN.......are you fricking kidding me??? I didn't get a vote, or even asked. They just rammed this programming down my throat, that I refuse to watch.
    I will be calling Dish Network tomorrow, to ask them to give me a discount on my bill. I signed up for certain channels, and they are not delivery what I'm paying for, so, I'm not paying for OWN.

This should prove to be interesting, as I have a lot of time on my hands, and, as the consumer, then know I can change to Cable, or Direct TV, at anytime(my original contract expired years ago).

Last time I did this when they took away NatGeo, the only thing they could offer "us" was the NFL channels, or some such B.S. Pay per view crap.

I think I need to make some changes to my programming. $102 mo. for this crap.....not anymore.

+1
    Nice, opera on the biggest looser I just about piss my self. How funny is this, was watching TLC ch and Sarah Palin has a show. Give a break. Cashing in on her 30 min of fame.

+1
    My bill at dish started creping up from $85 and now paying around $120. So I started canceling channels. What a bunch of shit charging you $5 to cancel.$5 hear $5 there. They are cutting there own throats. It would be different if there were no commercial. Like the movie channel. What are we paying for? $25 a month would be enough to cover it.
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    What pissed me off the most, is that Dish Network made the decision for me, to replace Discovery Health-which I watched, with OWN.......are you fricking kidding me??? I didn't get a vote, or even asked. They just rammed this programming down my throat, that I refuse to watch.
    I will be calling Dish Network tomorrow, to ask them to give me a discount on my bill. I signed up for certain channels, and they are not delivery what I'm paying for, so, I'm not paying for OWN.

This should prove to be interesting, as I have a lot of time on my hands, and, as the consumer, then know I can change to Cable, or Direct TV, at anytime(my original contract expired years ago).

Last time I did this when they took away NatGeo, the only thing they could offer "us" was the NFL channels, or some such B.S. Pay per view crap.

I think I need to make some changes to my programming. $102 mo. for this crap.....not anymore.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    My bill at dish started creping up from $85 and now paying around $120. So I started canceling channels. What a bunch of shit charging you $5 to cancel.$5 hear $5 there. They are cutting there own throats. It would be different if there were no commercial. Like the movie channel. What are we paying for? $25 a month would be enough to cover it.
    Yea, same here...mine has crept up to $102/mo. 1 Dvr, and 1 hd receiver. Thinking of cutting down to one box(dvr), and changing some channels. If they want to charge me a fee, I will tell them to come pick up there equipment, and change to cable.
    I've threatened them once before like that when I had an equipment problem, and they wanted to charge me a fee, and they quickly changed their tune and sent someone out to fix it. I've been with them a long time. But, it's just as easy for me to switch to cable.
    So tomorrow, I may not be watching any TV(waiting til Monday because I don't want to talk to India).

+1
    I guess I am just out of touch...............I did not even know she had her own network.

+1
    I didn't get most of this thread because im an Aussie.

But you probably heard that Oprah and her 200 staff and 302 of her audience just came down under for a week.

It's funny because Oprah makes out like she is the most generous woman in the world for shouting 500 people to come for a holiday in Australia.

When Australian tourism paid for the whole shibang.

Good to know where the tax payers money is going.

+1
    Good I am glad the ratings are in the gutter. They took a good channel (Discovery Health) and tried to Orpahfy it. She needed her own TV channel like I need a wart on my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    I didn't get most of this thread because im an Aussie.

But you probably heard that Oprah and her 200 staff and 302 of her audience just came down under for a week.

It's funny because Oprah makes out like she is the most generous woman in the world for shouting 500 people to come for a holiday in Australia.

When Australian tourism paid for the whole shibang.

Good to know where the tax payers money is going.
    AND she HAND picks her peeps to sit in on here glory day. She hand picks all those deserving people when she gives away Volkswagon cars, expensive vacations, money etc... Gee I wonder if it is even hers or sponsor money... and without her there would be NOBAMA... hahahahahahaha people wake up!...

I guess someone in Auissieland is on her crew, thats why all you hard working taxpayers are footing the bill. I see corruption is worldwide, or at the very minimum, Oprahs friends...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information