Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXT Is255 Needs codes cleared

I have not been on this site for a while. I tried doing mods on my RXt Is 255 before there was much info about them. I have a RRFPR, 4" air and ported tb. I have fault codes which the previous dealer was unable to remove. I will never take my Ski back to the dealer I bought from and need someone familiar with mods as I want to install my 68/140 and have it ready for spring.

I live in La Porte and would not mind driving to take it to a tunner or dealer that can take care of it.

I also want to add the RIVA Speed Control Override Module but it does not say it works on 2009 ski's.

+1
    Have you talked to WFO about this?

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Have you talked to WFO about this?
    No I have not been on this site since July.

Banned User
    +1
    Are the codes from the mods? Then they will always come up until you get them deleted with ECU re-flash or change the limiting parameters so they don't trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    Are the codes from the mods? Then they will always come up until you get them deleted with ECU re-flash or change the limiting parameters so they don't trigger.
    The first time I took it out I was in neutral in 2' of water waiting on my daughter to get on and it washed up some clams through the intake grate and it had error codes ever since. I learned not to idle in neutral in shallow water. Mods were performed after the 10hr breakin and dealer service and they never cleared the codes at that service. I could go on and on but prefer not to bash the dealer I just want to get it fixed right somewhere else.

It also took on water and after numerous talks to the dealer service department they fixed the carbon seal and it does not take on water anymore. I ride in salt/ brackish/riverwater and you could smell the saltwater in the hull. With the upper hull and all the stock intake installed there was no way to rinse all the saltwater off the motor. When I removed all the stock intake the bottom portion had salt water in it. The SC vanes were corroded from this and the dealer would not replace it. I could go on and on but I just want it fixed for spring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken IS255 View Post
    I have not been on this site for a while. I tried doing mods on my RXt Is 255 before there was much info about them. I have a RRFPR, 4" air and ported tb. I have fault codes which the previous dealer was unable to remove. I will never take my Ski back to the dealer I bought from and need someone familiar with mods as I want to install my 68/140 and have it ready for spring.

I live in La Porte and would not mind driving to take it to a tunner or dealer that can take care of it.
    Hi Ken, welcome back to the forum. There's a reflash for your ECU now that you may want to consider. No need for a speed module as the reflash gets rid of the stock speed limiter. You can have a look at it here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1655

thanks
    Jerry

Banned User
    +1
    The best thing to do would be to post up your codes and then maybe this can be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Hi Ken, welcome back to the forum. There's a reflash for your ECU now that you may want to consider. No need for a speed module as the reflash gets rid of the stock speed limiter. You can have a look at it here
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1655

thanks
    Jerry
    I would rather do the RIVA Speed Control Override Module for $250 if it will work on the 2009 Is255.
    Does anone else do this or is the only option to mail it down under.
    Last edited by Ken IS255; 01-27-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information