Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Angry Factory Cover issue

So I buy 2 factory covers for my 2 RXPXs. Both are the black with white outline of the RXP and they both have RXP written all over them. Everyone I have spoken with says they have the same set up with no problems.
    Tonight, for the first time, I decide to put them on the skis.
    One fit one ski with no issues. Nice and snug but not difficult to install. The other gave me a fit. I had to move the knot to the very end of the cord on both ends. It still took all I had to stretch the final end over the rail. My freaken fingers actually hurt. It's almost like the damn thing is a hair to small.
    Before you ask, yes, I checked all over to make sure everything had fit as it should. The cover wasnt rolled on any part of the rail and their was no excess hanging over any point either.
    I checked my handle bars on each both and they are in the exact same position. The ONLY thing I could think of and dont believe it should matter is that the boat that the cover did fit on and the factory pad removed and replaced with a smaller after market pad.
    I know the next step is to swap out covers on boats and see what happens but I was so pissed off that I gave up after I barely got the thing to fit.
    Completely losed on this one. Any ideas?

+1
    I think the problem is the elsatic cord. I also had to rety the knot to give it more lenght. I adjusted it as far as I could and it still very hard to get on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I think the problem is the elsatic cord. I also had to rety the knot to give it more lenght. I adjusted it as far as I could and it still very hard to get on.
    Then I need a londer cord. I have it extended to the end on both sides and it is a PITA. Where can I find some of that cord?

+1
    You said it wasn't your handlebars. But on my old ski I caught to much air in hood river and when I loaded the ski and put the cover on it wouldn't fit. I had bent the bars a little so the cover dint fit. Just a thought or maybe you got a Monday cover and the worker were hung over.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    same yr model skis? the 07s and up handlebars are wider than previous yrs..jus a thought

+1
    Mine for my PX fits the bars just fine, its when you go to strech it over the stern it seems like it is not long enough. I could barely get the cover on, then I adjusted the elastic cord and it goes on but still kinda tough. The cover for my TX is the one that fits the hull just fine, but is a B to get on the bars.

+1
    just a thought-- try switching the 2 covers between the 2 machines.

I have the same cover on my rxp and it was stupid tight. Eventually it loosened up some. I'm 250 and it took everything I had to get the last section under the rub rail for a long time.

Maybee one ski is bigger than the other?

+1
    The cover for my '09 RPXP was so tight that the cord broke. The dealer replaced it and the next one fit perfectly. Maybe take yours back and let them try to put it on one of the showroom models?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information