+1

Panama City Beach

I was thinking of traveling to Panama City Beach after Mud Bug and wondered if anyone knew any info on the pac tours or any places to visit on the ski.

+1
    Been there many times. Absolutely beautiful. I am sure some locals will chime in. We usually just cruise the bay and go hang out at Shell Island.

+1
    Where do they do the tours through and where do I go to see dolphins and snorkel ?

+1
    east end of beach,ether launch at state park(cash)south lagoon drive(free)or at carl gray park-then head out the the pass and go around left side that's were dolphin are at
    plug in Google map and see water ways and just pm me if you need more info

chip dName:  st_andrews_state_park5_thumb.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  3.9 KB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_baker202 View Post
    Where do they do the tours through and where do I go to see dolphins and snorkel ?
    We have never done any tours. We usually launch at St. Andrews State park, kinda $$, but a good location. Like Chip said head into the jetties, thats where we have snorkeled and seen the most dolphins.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    east end of beach,ether launch at state park(cash)south lagoon drive(free)or at carl gray park-then head out the the pass and go around left side that's were dolphin are at
    plug in Google map and see water ways and just pm me if you need more info

chip dName:  st_andrews_state_park5_thumb.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  3.9 KB
    awesome ... thanks guys

i am from panama city (currently in NC) there is no need to do a "tour" for dolphin, once youre in the water there are porpoise EVERYWHERE, just cruise around and look. there are plenty of places to launch for FREE, that are all very close to shell island (panama city marina etc) shell island connects right in with the panama city pass, the pass can get a a bit dicey from time to time so be careful...once you get through the pass, either head left or right and i gurantee there will be PLENTY of porpoise...just a heads up, do not feed or touch them, FWC will bust your hide, its very illegal...panama city is amazing though its sure not to dissapoint. enjoy!

Gung Ho
    I live in Panama City as well. Like jcarp08 stated there is no need to pay for a dolphin tour. Put in at Carl Gray Park on the eastside foot of the Hathaway bridge then head out to shell island. There are dolphin everywhere. I was on my friends boat last weekend and we saw 2 pods of about 8 dolphin in each. Last year I did a lot of kayaking in the bay and dolphin would literally swim up and between mine and my brothers kayaks.

+1
    Awesome. Thanks. I'll prolly be going later in the year due to work. But now I've got more info. Thanks

yeah the state park is very near shell island. Sure you gotta pay 16 bucks to get in, but the launch is nice, and not nearly as jammed up as the one on south lagoon drive. once youre in the park you can jet ski in the bay, and the pass, and go out to the gulf. Shell island is very near, and the dolphins are always right outside of the pass.... I go there from new orleans like 2 times a week to jet ski. Love that place.

Thread Information