Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battery for 2007 Ultra 250 lx, direct fit

Hi we were looking for a direct fit that would fit perfectly in the battery holder of the Ultra 250 lx.

We bought an odyssey 625 but it's too wide and won't fit in the holder.

Thanks

Are you sure that 625 wont fit? The 625 fit into my 07 250X tray which I think is identical size to LX tray. I did have to remove the little foam liner, and it was tight, but the 625 did fit.

it didn't fit in my tray but I didn't remove the foam liner.

+1
    Why not just pick up another stock Yuasa battery? Ran them for years with absolutely no problems at all. They are a good battery, especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Why not just pick up another stock Yuasa battery? Ran them for years with absolutely no problems at all. They are a good battery, especially for the price.
    Its a good question. The stock Yuasa seems fine to me too. I run that now on 260.

But I assume the 625 might arguably be considered an upgrade, little more reserve power, works upside down, etc.

Jedi, remove the foam liner and that 625 will fit. Hard to believe the difference that liner makes but it does.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i am still running the original battery in my 07 250x.... its going on its 5th season and its never been out to be charged or even disconnected....

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i am still running the original battery in my 07 250x.... its going on its 5th season and its never been out to be charged or even disconnected....
    That`s bc that ski goes nowhere`s unless the dealer is doing the winterization...hahahahahaha
    The sealed battery`s seem to last longer than vented batterys IMHO.

has anyone considered a Deka battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    has anyone considered a Deka battery?
    I am using both Deka and Yuasa on my skis.
    Deka seems to last longer and comes back to life easier even if it went really low in terms of voltage. Yuasa is good but Deka is "better" in my book (but costs more too). BTW, both have plants in PA.
    The key to this kind of MF battery is to hook up to an automatic battery charger during long term storage. And NEVER run them discharged or over-charged.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    I am using both Deka and Yuasa on my skis.
    Deka seems to last longer and comes back to life easier even if it went really low in terms of voltage. Yuasa is good but Deka is "better" in my book (but costs more too). BTW, both have plants in PA.
    The key to this kind of MF battery is to hook up to an automatic battery charger during long term storage. And NEVER run them discharged or over-charged.
    agreed!
    I changed out the Yuasa when the ski was new with a Deka ext16. 124 hours and 3 seasons and still going strong. The Yuasa oem battery was left on the shelf unattended and after a few charge cycles, then storage again, the yuasa didn`t make it, would not recover after being loaded. I do have a battery tender Jr for the Deka!...
    I have found them for $69-$79 various online places. www.batterymart.com seems to have some decent prices...

+1
    still have my oem battery in my '07 ski at 173hrs hasnt missed a beat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information