Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Question Help with dumping video off SD card to CD/DVD, can I do this, program to use, or?

Would love a little input ... I have about 12 videos that I recorded of my daughter's cheer competitions that are on my SD card. I want to burn them to a CD/DVD and then make 25 copies as well to give to all the other kids on her team.

My laptop has a Read/Write DVD player and SD card slot that I use quite a bit so I think I can do this myself, but I don't know ... it would cost me about $120 to have someone else do this, and I am tempted to do it myself if I can. Nothing fancy needed, just basically want to dump down the videos (total of about 30 minutes of video) and make copies. I don't have any particular video software on the machine, do I need special software, or?? Mostly I have just used Windows Media to do minor stuff with pics and video ...

The videos are also on YouTube, but I would rather download them right from the SD card onto the DVD.

Input?

Never Time To Ride
    The iflip camera website has software you can download. If I recall you don't actually need an iflip camera to download the software. It has been awhile but I believe you can make dvds with the software. The software is very easy to use and is capable of editing video made from other sources besides an iflip camera.

Never Time To Ride
    I'm at work. When I get home I can double check on it.

Fastest in my cove
    +1
    Do you acutally want to make a DVD (as in you can use a set DVD player) or are just looking to make a CD with the video data files (the easier of the 2)?

If you want to make a DVD you have to encode the video clips first then burn them

But if you just looking to make a bunch of copies of the data files so other people can view on their computers all you need to to is insert the SD card in the memoyr read. Open "My Computer" and find the SD card drive something like "SD card (e: )".
    Open that folder and select all the video files you want and drag them to your desktop or put them in a new folder on your desktop. Now all you need to do is open a burning program (I like imgburn), select create data or write files. Drag the folder to the burning area in the program and then proceed to create a data CD

+1
    At first I was just going to copy the video data files to a DVD ... but now changed my mind. I want to actually make a DVD that anyone can put in their DVD player and watch. I have Nero Express and can burn and make copies, but since I am in a hurry, I may have to take the video data files to a local camera shop who will convert/encode the video clips and burn me a video DVD. That is only $30, then I will use Nero to burn copies. If I had the full version of Nero ($100 vs $30) I could do this myself, but will just use the camera shop for this quick project.

Thank you for the input!

put the sd card in. Press start and navigate to my computer ( or just 'computer') and find the SD drive. Copy the files from the drive to a folder on your computer. Press start and search for 'Windows DVD maker'. Follow the on screen instructions. Its not the best tool but it should get the job done.

Never Time To Ride
    Now that I pulled up the spftware again, you cannot buren DVD with iFlip. You can creat the DVD with menus and edit the clips and it will make the file you need to burn, but you still need other software to actually burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaviski View Post
    put the sd card in. Press start and navigate to my computer ( or just 'computer') and find the SD drive. Copy the files from the drive to a folder on your computer. Press start and search for 'Windows DVD maker'. Follow the on screen instructions. Its not the best tool but it should get the job done.
    I agree...Windows Movie Maker is about is easy as it gets to do something quick.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    I agree...Windows Movie Maker is about is easy as it gets to do something quick.
    Yes, but windows vista and up do not have movie maker preinstalled. Only DVD maker.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaviski View Post
    That is exactly what I did ... made on DVD-R and it ran flawlessly in our DVD player/TV. The first one took awhile, but subsequent burns are done in about 7 minutes, can't complain about that! Since this is just a simple project this worked fine for me.

Thank you all for the help and input!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information