Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Where do I need to go next?

I have am 05 Rxp PRO block offs, wedge, thru hull, gate mod, IC, groco strainer, solas 14/19, catch can, power filter, and riva intake grate... I was planning on buy an x charger 42s, and most likey a diff impeller later in the year. I was wondering what I need to move up to next and if I will need to do any engine work when I get the new SC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_baker202 View Post
    I have am 05 Rxp PRO block offs, wedge, thru hull, gate mod, IC, groco strainer, solas 14/19, catch can, power filter, and riva intake grate... I was planning on buy an x charger 42s, and most likey a diff impeller later in the year. I was wondering what I need to move up to next and if I will need to do any engine work when I get the new SC
    Alex,

You will need more fuel and more prop, but no engine work.

+1
    I would step up to the x-charger, 42's, Solas 15/20R (maybe tweaked +1 or 2) Aeromotive RRPFR. If you don't have a boost gauge or an AFR and maybe a fuel computer. As far as internals, I would just check your valves as an upgrade in not required until you step up to a larger SC IMO. The newer valves and springs could cause you to lose power as they are more rigid and stiff thus harder to compress.

OR

An x-charger, Riva ECU, 50's, and be done with it.

JMO!!

The easiest and cheaper way will be a RXP-X ECU (just plug and play) and forget about monitoring AFR and regulating a RRPFR... or in the case youare in the middle of something bigger (RIVA ECU, 50´s injectors and riva valve train upgrade kit will be the way because it would gave you higher RPM and control your AFR too).

+1
    X ECU does give more fuel but based on other components....... Larger injectors, external intercooler. If I am not mistaken, there is no MPEM on the x skis which didn't debut until 08 of which were discontinued in the 07 models. In my readings, the x ECU will not work on an earlier rxp. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. I have been wrong before. We had this discussion some months back regarding gti's and gtx's. JMO.

I agree..., i didnt see the year of the PWC... i appologize..., the 2 only ways would be RRFPR or RIVA ECU....

+1
    Ok I know what to start purchasing. Thanks

+1
    If your SC (215) needs to be rebuilt or is almost due get an x-wheel and housing. A few on here for 150 or so and have it rebuilt with the new wheel and housing instead of the 215 wheel and front housing. Jerry could do it for you. Another thing I would recommend is getting a VITON seal put in. The OEM's have a bad habit of going bad. For 25.00 you can have peace-of-mind that you will not be cleaning the oil out of your intake system. If you want the link I will post it. Hope this helps. Also, look into an LC1. Worth the money and takes a little of risk out of the equation. Usually dead on.

+1
    You still need to have the old charger milled out to fit the xcharger wheel with its going to cost, plus the rebuild kit. It usually cost the same or just a little more to just buy a xcharger new.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    X ECU does give more fuel but based on other components....... Larger injectors, external intercooler. If I am not mistaken, there is no MPEM on the x skis which didn't debut until 08 of which were discontinued in the 07 models. In my readings, the x ECU will not work on an earlier rxp. If I'm wrong, someone correct me please. I have been wrong before. We had this discussion some months back regarding gti's and gtx's. JMO.
    I am running X ecu on my 05 RXT.
    X injectors
    X sc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information