Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Vi-Pec / FZR Issue

I can't seem to get a response from Riva with an issue I'm having with my newly purchased Vi-Pec ECU. Maybe they watch this forum and will answer my questions.

Email I sent to Riva on Sunday:

Vi-Pec / FZR Issue

Add to ContactsTo:[email protected]
    Cc:[email protected]
    div { margin: 0px; }Mr. Crain- I installed the Riva Vi-Pec ECU on my 2010 Yamaha FZR today and I'm having a problem.

My mods are as follows:
    -Riva Power Filter
    -Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade Kit
    -Riva E1 Wheel
    -Riva Power Cooler
    -Riva Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit (set to 65psi with stock injectors)
    -Riva Cooling Upgrade Kit
    -Riva Free Flow Exhaust

After installing the Vi-Pec and going through the set-up, TPS calibration, and map sensor calibration I started the ski- it was very difficult to start and when it did it sounded like it was running on two cylinders. I shut the ski off and went back and checked every connection and things looked good. I got the ski running again and it idled very rough and if I gave it any throttle it would stumble and not gain any rpm.

Thinking the wrong map was installed I download the latest base map from your website (RY3_91_SC55SB_2_2B). I then sent the 2B map to the Vi-Pec ecu and started the ski- same thing as before- it would barely idle.

I then plugged in the stock ecu and removed the white splice plug and plugged the immobilizer back in and it started and idled just fine. It would even rev up like normal and sounded smooth.

My Vi-Pec was delivered to me on January 13th of this year. It has the latest version of the firmware 4.5.1 as far as i know. I was getting a red error message on the top of the screen- "ECU Fault Code 52 AN Temp Above Error". On the ECU status page it had a fault code of "AUX 9-10 Supply Error".

Any idea what could be going on here?

Thanks,

+1
    Hi Bill, I spoke to Bubba at Riva about your problem. He said he's spoken to you a couple of times and needed some higher resolution pics. Can you please get that over to him so he can further help you with your problem.

FYI AUX 9-10 is a low battery error. I have seen this issue several times.

+1
    Jerry- I haven't spoken to anyone a Riva about this issue. I installed the Vi-Pec on Sunday evening. Robert from Riva did respond back to me on the Riva support forum today. He had me clear the fault codes and recalibrate the TPS, FPS, and MAP sensors- I did that and it made no difference. The ski will barely start and idle, then it back fires and dies.

Starting to regret my ECU choice now...

Couple of questions

Did you install the adapter harness that plugs into the pickup coil harness?

Did you recalibrate the throttle after you loaded the calibration file?

Did you complete the MAP sensor calibration after you loaded the cal file?

+1
    GP1800- Yes to all questions. I went through the TPS, FPS, and MAP sensor calibrations numerous times.

The ski is very hard to start and when it does start it runs like the firing order is off- back in the old days if you got a plug wire on the wrong distributor terminal it would start but barely run and backfire.

Do you have any error codes?

+1
    No error codes- after I cleared the initial fault codes they didn't come back. After you push the F12 key and go to "ECU Status" it says "No Errors" in green letters.

Twice now I've put it back to stock and it starts and runs just fine so to me that rules out an issue with the ski. It could be a compatibility issue between the Vi-Pec and my ski or something is wrong with the Vi-Pec processor I received.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 250X View Post
    Jerry- I haven't spoken to anyone a Riva about this issue. I installed the Vi-Pec on Sunday evening. Robert from Riva did respond back to me on the Riva support forum today. He had me clear the fault codes and recalibrate the TPS, FPS, and MAP sensors- I did that and it made no difference. The ski will barely start and idle, then it back fires and dies.

Starting to regret my ECU choice now...
    Sorry Bill, Bubba just called me and told me he confused you with someone else. He told me he's assisting you right now. If I can help with this let me know.

I had a similar issue when I installed mine and it turned out that I had the stage 3+ cal file installed. I know you said that you have installed the 2 bar cal file you may want to verify. I don’t have my lap top with me so I am going off memory so I will do my best. Check one more thing. Hook up your computer to the Vipec and go the screen were you can see the live data with the engine not running look at the MAP reading and compare it the BARO reading. They should be very close in readings if they are not this would be a good indication that either the ECU has a 3 bar cal or MAP calibration did not work correctly. If every thing looks ok give Riva a call. I know of a couple guys that had some issues and Rob remoted into their laptop and walked them though some things and resolved the issue. Oh one more thing verify that the software version # matches the firmware version in the ECU if these mismatch it can cause issues.

+1
    Thanks GP1800- i will look into those things when i get home today. I'm schedule for Bubba to "remote" my computer tomorrow to see if we can resolve the issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information