Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 stx15f perfromance

hi all yesterday on the lake i raced a ultra lx ,gtx 155,yami 4 stroke non charged and destroyed them but was neck and neck with a 05 rxp 215, how do i beat it just has a intake grate/rear air filter,
    so far on my ski i have done the riva racing airfilter,catch can breather, siliconed rideplate holes, removed centre bar intake grate, i no not much just shit mods,
    i have done 85 hours on her was thinking on the free flow exhaust/billet tip,2 degree pump wegde(can find on the site HELP!!!), new seat covers handle bars grips, and evern a r&d ride plate or intake grate and i love wave jumping what is the best thing for speed stock or aftermarket plate and grate, and worx sponsons, im on 101km'/h on 98 octane fuel thanx alot

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steven123 View Post
    hi all yesterday on the lake i raced a ultra lx ,gtx 155,yami 4 stroke non charged and destroyed them but was neck and neck with a 05 rxp 215, how do i beat it just has a intake grate/rear air filter,
    so far on my ski i have done the riva racing airfilter,catch can breather, siliconed rideplate holes, removed centre bar intake grate, i no not much just shit mods,
    i have done 85 hours on her was thinking on the free flow exhaust/billet tip,2 degree pump wegde(can find on the site HELP!!!), new seat covers handle bars grips, and evern a r&d ride plate or intake grate and i love wave jumping what is the best thing for speed stock or aftermarket plate and grate, and worx sponsons, im on 101km'/h on 98 octane fuel thanx alot
    Dont waste your money trying to beat a GOOD running 215 RXP
    cause when his is running well with very minor bolt on stuff will do 70+mph easly ( 112.65kph ) his should be doing 62-65 mph stock!!
    and you aint going to enjoy how much you will need to speed to get close to him....

Enjoy the way it goes now, yes there are a few extra mods but not going to give you big improvement at the end of the day...
    reliability is WAY better than wasting money trying TO GO FASTER.. with over priced crap people will sell you with wild claims of there products so called results....
    there are some modes that will give you small gains,Props,Plates, Wedges etc.......... but the reality of it is your ski WILL be slower that a healthy RXP215

Waz

I have a 2008 15F and agree with the preceeding post. The 2 degree wedge will turn your ski into a pogo stick (unless you are on very calm waters). As far as you keeping up with an RXP, there are a couple of scenarios that explain that: You are a very good rider and the rider on the RXP isn't. Or the RXP has a major SC issue (and the owner doesn't know it). Not busting your chops; just trying to give you a realistic perspective. I like to think of the 15F as an "is what it is boat". You should just leave it the way it is and enjoy its strengths: simplicity, fuel range, and reliability . . . don't try to make that boat something it is not.

i disagree. you can get a wee bit more with an r&d ride plate. keep the stock intake grate. put a washer under the seat clip to raise the seat up a wee bit. gets more air into engine bay. i had an ultra 150 with 155 hours on it bone stock be dead even with my mates brand new rxp 215 on glass water. and my 15f slightly faster but is modded.
    and if you have sponsons raise them right up. rxp's need a bit of work to get 72mph. so if this one is stock then i cant see why your 15f can give it a run for its money.

+1
    There is no way a stock 15f is going to run even with a stock rxp 215 at top end across smooth water. A stock 15f simply does not have enough motor. There is an honest 5mph difference easily between the two skis. Acceleration to 60 the 15f is going to have the initial edge but the RXP will close the gap quickly.
    Throw mods on both skis and the gap between the two gets even bigger.....quicker.

This is an apples to oranges comparison

"is what it is boat". You should just leave it the way it is and enjoy its strengths: simplicity, fuel range, and reliability . . . don't try to make that boat something it is not.
    This is one of those rare occasions that 'tell it like it is' or the theory of dimishing returns is alive and well with upgrades, ready to suck your wallet dry and call you Dusty.

Rt

hi all i under stand what you all are saying,
    but theres no chance im calling my ski a animal or im a gun rider becasue im not!!! just that race for those 50 seconds was real close like 1 ski length,
    but what i wanna no can i get this little ski to 110kmh/ on the gps???? without the big $$$ or should i do what my dad did and get a 260lx so fast
    its just that im ordering stuff from aus and the shipping rate for a exhasut is $150 dollars so should i get a r&d plate and seat covers or just seat covers

also i no i wont beat it i just wanna hit teh 110km/h if i wanna win i get on my dads 260lx and watch his smirk disapear

+1
    sorry to burst your bubble but dont think you will ever get to 110kmh, and seriously doubt you will out run the next rxp you come across.

thast ok nicjak i no i wont beat it ive been looking at the seadoo site and WOW lol so im just gonna order some seat covers and the free flow for noise and thats it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information