Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    783
    +1
    29

    Help installing Riva free flow exhaust in '04 GP1300R

    Pulled the rubber hose that connects the metal water box to the plastic water tank. Now how do I get the plastic water tank out? Can see the screw clamp but not the adjusting screw to loosen. Do you remove the three hex-head screws external to the hull where the exhaust exits, thus freeing up the whole assembly to pull out from the inside?
    Don't want to go taking stuff apart I don't have to or damage the plastic water tank in case I want to put it back later.
    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by toyterrific View Post
    Pulled the rubber hose that connects the metal water box to the plastic water tank. Now how do I get the plastic water tank out? Can see the screw clamp but not the adjusting screw to loosen. Do you remove the three hex-head screws external to the hull where the exhaust exits, thus freeing up the whole assembly to pull out from the inside?
    Don't want to go taking stuff apart I don't have to or damage the plastic water tank in case I want to put it back later.
    Thanks.
    usually when the exhaust is installed from the factory, the clamp is facing towards the hull making it tough to get it off... you can either remove the outlet or even cut the clamp if you cant get to the clamp screw

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    usually when the exhaust is installed from the factory, the clamp is facing towards the hull making it tough to get it off... you can either remove the outlet or even cut the clamp if you cant get to the clamp screw
    +1
    IMHO, if the styrofoam is still under the tank it is easier to remove the outlet from the hull and pull the whole deal out and save it... if you do fubar the plastic tank, I`m sure there are a few around here...
    when reinstalling the outlet: chuck that rubber gasket in the trash, use 3 longer bolts with the heads cut off and thread into outlet, apply a bead of good silicone to outlet surface after you clean and scuff the inside of the mating surface in the hull. push the outlet into place aligning the studs, remove one at a time and thread in the bolts. do not tighten just yet, finger tight, let set for a few minutes, then give it a good hand tighten and call it a day, let the silicone set up before putting it back in the water...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112931 post #14

    use T bolt clamps on the Riva blue hose...
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index...6a25c85737a9b8

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    783
    +1
    29
    Do you put the styrofoam back in for peace of mind? Does the free flow hold it in place or must you glue or caulk?

  5. #5
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,501
    +1
    619
    The Riva FF exhaust fits good and snug between the waterbox and the tailpiece exhaust...infact too snug... I used a little soapy water to get the blue FF completely over both waterbox and tailpiece...agree with PR... ss t-bolt clamps will guarantee tight fit...Island Racing has them...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    The Riva FF exhaust fits good and snug between the waterbox and the tailpiece exhaust...infact too snug... I used a little soapy water to get the blue FF completely over both waterbox and tailpiece...agree with PR... ss t-bolt clamps will guarantee tight fit... Siliconeintakes has them...
    no, no styrofoam...
    silicone intakes has them for under 3 bux each and they are a good qaulity!!!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    783
    +1
    29
    Broke off one of the hull mount screws at the head. Got assembly out. Hope PB Blaster works like they say.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by toyterrific View Post
    Broke off one of the hull mount screws at the head. Got assembly out. Hope PB Blaster works like they say.
    Exact same thing happened to me. I wasnt installing a FF though, I was trying to get to rearmost rideplate hull insert. It spun on me so I had to get in there with a pair of visegrips to clamp onto the insert so I could tighten the bolt. What a pain in the a--.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    783
    +1
    29
    PB Blaster works!
    Good thing those screws went all the way through that elbow flange as there wasn't enough left to grab with a vise grip to back it out. Had to cut flush w/hull side of flange and run through and out the back side. Got all new ss screws yesterday.
    On to the next hiccup.

  10. #10
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,501
    +1
    619
    Lets see some pics...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RIVA Free Flow Exhaust install on SHO
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:32 AM
  2. Who's Done It - Riva Free Flow Exhaust Install
    By X-Man in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
  3. RIVA Free Flow Exhaust Kit Install Question????
    By HYNES in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 07:55 PM
  4. Riva Free Flow exhaust
    By MikeL123 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM
  5. Riva Free Flow Exhaust Yes or No?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •