Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Mudbug's Area Map (Google Earth)

Slightly interactive... download the kmz file and click on any of the place marks for more information. I hope this will help any new or future MBers get around on the bayous...

The information will be reported as:
    Name
    Address
    Phone No.
    Nature of Services
    GPS Coordinates
    Website (if available)

If anyone, esp. you SoLA locals, see any info. being reported incorrectly, please advise me and I will edit the map. Please also let me know if I left a notable place mark off the map (no personal residences, please).

For best viewing in Google Earth, turn off all your "Layers" options except: Primary Database, Borders and Labels, and Roads.

You can try converting the attached Google Earth file for use on your GPS via GPSBabel: http://www.gpsbabel.org/

After downloading the free GPSBabel program, open the attached GE kmz file. After viewing the file, save it to your computer as a GE kml file. Once you've got it saved as a .kml file, you can use GPSBabel to convert it into most any GPS related type file. Once you've got it converted, you can most likely load it up to your hand-held or other such GPS device.

Edit Info: The last info. edit date will appear here in red: 05/02/11

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeTrin; 05-08-2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Map Conversion Info. mt: changed GE to google earth.

+1
    When racing how many ski crash in the bushes? looks like a fun ride. Now I see why all of you want to go. To far for me Plus my ski is a piece of shit. Have fun at the next race.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    When racing how many ski crash in the bushes? looks like a fun ride. Now I see why all of you want to go. To far for me Plus my ski is a piece of shit. Have fun at the next race.
    Then get your chit in order b/c you're not too far LOL. Craigo came down from Seattle last year and if I'm not mistaken we may have a Canadian or two coming this year...

BTW, no crashes - nothing but riding & good times. It's not about racing (except for a personal call-out or two). Just a bunch of forum members cruising the bayous around Morgan City - and we got miles & miles of that. Come join us and find out what MB is all about.

+1
    I thought you guy race around threw there. I dint know it was just a cruse around. Getting time off is my dilemma. My wife would rather go on a trip to Fiji or somewhere. Plus it seem like we are so busy lately. Maybe when we retrier. If I could afford it I would fly out and rent some skis. Talk to you later.

+1
    Holy cow Bill--that map is cool. Just need to spend some time fingering it out.

Can I combine that map into Mapsource for a Garmin device?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Holy cow Bill--that map is cool. Just need to spend some time fingering it out.

Can I combine that map into Mapsource for a Garmin device?
    I don't think so - that would be loading the beta in reverse: I actually built the file in MapSource, then did a "View In GE". You can possibly do a click and paste within the Way Point properties between programs - that may work, but I'm really not sure...

+1
    Nice map!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hpaddict View Post
    Nice map!
    Thanks... now, being you're from the North Shore, it's your obligation to visit every way-point by the last day of Mudbug. LOL.

+1
    I rented a waterfront condo on the Diversion canal [at the bend from Thunder Bayou] last June. That is a terrific area to ride. There are marinas with credit card gas pumps open 24 hour a day with 93 octane. They will not let you into that area unless you have a 'Saints or a LSU/Tigers tag on your car.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I rented a waterfront condo on the Diversion canal [at the bend from Thunder Bayou] last June. That is a terrific area to ride. There are marinas with credit card gas pumps open 24 hour a day with 93 octane. They will not let you into that area unless you have a 'Saints or a LSU/Tigers tag on your car.
    Jax, we will be doing a MB trail ride in that area. Yep, plenty of good stuff up that way - except for the Diversion Canal; that ditch sucks on the weekend. Its not bad on weekdays, but on the weekends it is a washing machine from hell. Bulk heads on both sides for miles - nothing but a big wave echo...

I launch near my backyard to ride that area, but my trail manages to dodge the big ditch. Let me know if you're ever up this way again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information