Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pump Wedge on PX

I have been considering installing the Riva pump wedge on my PX with the VTS extension rod. Whats the difference between adjusting the trim and having this wedge? It seems like with the trim up a few clicks this would provide you the same thing as the pump wedge does. Thanks guys

+1
    I thought the same thing, till I installed it. It gets even more of the ski out of the water. I saw a gain of about 1mph+.

+1
    It makes all the difference. I have an RXP. I noticed the handling was a little better at higher speeds when used in combo with the training wheel block offs. You have to start with the VTS down when you holeshot and increase it as soon as you 'hit it'. Better hook up in my experience. As Troy said above, you get around 1mph increase. I measured 1.4 difference on glass on GPS. Riva says 2mph but I didn't see that.

+1
    Don't foget for the holeshot and trim on the T and Px's you can double click the trim to your ideal set up

+1
    You do gain speed but you lose a bit of handling/turning.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Don't foget for the holeshot and trim on the T and Px's you can double click the trim to your ideal set up
    I have never heard of this before, can someone go into more detail on how to use this function?

Thanks everyone on the feedback on the wedge. Im looking for more top speed, im not to concerned with the handling to much so this seems like a great mod for me. I plan on removing OPAS and adding the Riva extensions so that could possibly help with the handling. Spring is right around the corner, I have a lot of parts to start ordering .

+1
    With the ski powered up, press both the up and down trim buttons at the same time. The display will show preset 1. Set the trim where you want it. Press both the up and down buttoms again, display will show preset 2, set trim where you want it. Press both buttons again and both presets are set. Now when you want to go to preset 1 bump the trim up button 2 times and it will go to your 1st preset. Bump the down button 2 times and it will go to your 2nd preset.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    With the ski powered up, press both the up and down trim buttons at the same time. The display will show preset 1. Set the trim where you want it. Press both the up and down buttoms again, display will show preset 2, set trim where you want it. Press both buttons again and both presets are set. Now when you want to go to preset 1 bump the trim up button 2 times and it will go to your 1st preset. Bump the down button 2 times and it will go to your 2nd preset.
    Thanks!! This forum is full of useful knowledge on these skis. This is probably in the owners manual, might help if I read it. Ill be sure to set my presets up this spring. Its been hard launching the ski and setting the trim manually while the ski is WOT. This will make that a breeze!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by use2vtec View Post
    Thanks!! This forum is full of useful knowledge on these skis. This is probably in the owners manual, might help if I read it. Ill be sure to set my presets up this spring. Its been hard launching the ski and setting the trim manually while the ski is WOT. This will make that a breeze!!
    Yeah. It is. Get some bug spray. It helps from the "bug" biting. When it does, get ready to piss the wife off and stay on this forum. When it bites, it bites and hurts....BAD!!!!!

I did the R&D wedge, which is only 1 degree, I think. I really like the way my P-X handles and rides with it on. Definitely set up the presets on the trim.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information