THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

VX plate and speedo

I have been getting a few calls from members about they want to use the VX plate on a FZR-FZS but they they heard that the speedo does not bolt up to the VX plate and you can not use it, That is totally false i have installed a lot of VX plates on FZR and FZS with no issues at all with the speedo they bolt right up. Figured this is info that people need to know. Thank you, Jim

+1
    they may be getting confused i have an R & d plate on my SHO and the speedo mounts at the rear of the plate not the front of the plate like the stock one. the speedo seems to only read to arond 50 MPH then dies off. it obviously has something to do with the ski being up on its plane.

+1
    Jim, on the modded VX rideplate for the FZR why are the stock spacers not used? I thought they help support the hull and thus shouldn't be removed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Jim, on the modded VX rideplate for the FZR why are the stock spacers not used? I thought they help support the hull and thus shouldn't be removed.
    It will lower the plate below the transom and the hull it will create drag. I have never seen any issues with hull when using fender washers to adjust, The only time i have seen a issue when using a very small diameter washer and it makes a dent in the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    It will lower the plate below the transom and the hull it will create drag. I have never seen any issues with hull when using fender washers to adjust, The only time i have seen a issue when using a very small diameter washer and it makes a dent in the hull.
    So even riding offshore the modded VX plate poses no threat the the integrity of the hull regardless of if it is mounted straight up or with fender washers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    So even riding offshore the modded VX plate poses no threat the the integrity of the hull regardless of if it is mounted straight up or with fender washers?
    We ride all the time in the gulf and i have not seen a issue with hull do to the plate, If anything i have seen more issues with hull damage around the transom plate and that is caused when you leave that pump bracket out.

Thread Information