Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1

Bought a New 09' FZR

Bought this new for 9500.....my question is this I know the intake ribbon needs removing with that a intake and exhaust mod what pitch prop can I use.....? Im looking for 72 this summer ho much will it cost to get there?

go back to the green hulk build and follow it from the beginning......it will tell you all you need to know. congrads

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    He never specified a prop for that set up he did later in the thread changed the prop, but the mods were more than I listed here, I read 50 pages of it

+1
    If you want to hit 72 you will need an aftermarket prop. The stock prop lacks in top speed on stage 1. I personally use a skat swirl 13/23 (true 14/22) and I get 71.3 but I am down almost 300rpms and I need to repitch it. Others have had success with the solas 13/22R but it will require some tweaking to get right, like any other prop.

Here's some good prop reading for stage 1 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...061&highlight=

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    If you want to hit 72 you will need an aftermarket prop. The stock prop lacks in top speed on stage 1. I personally use a skat swirl 13/23 (true 14/22) and I get 71.3 but I am down almost 300rpms and I need to repitch it. Others have had success with the solas 13/22R but it will require some tweaking to get right, like any other prop.

Here's some good prop reading for stage 1 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...061&highlight=
    Mike-just a quick thought-im having great results running a 85mm exit nozzle of a gpr on my fz, and just with changing the nozzle the rpm's went up just over 200. The holeshot/mid with the 85mm is way better. Might want to give it a try before repitching again.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Thanks for the Info, can I remove the ribbon before break in? I wanted to do at least that for this summer, dealer woulden't know unless they pulled it apart, after this summer I may do a powerflow and a FF exhaust.

Whats the average hours on a clutch running stock wheel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Mike-just a quick thought-im having great results running a 85mm exit nozzle of a gpr on my fz, and just with changing the nozzle the rpm's went up just over 200. The holeshot/mid with the 85mm is way better. Might want to give it a try before repitching again.
    Thanks, I have been thinking about a Riva adjustable nozzle

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Thanks for the Info, can I remove the ribbon before break in? I wanted to do at least that for this summer, dealer woulden't know unless they pulled it apart, after this summer I may do a powerflow and a FF exhaust.

Whats the average hours on a clutch running stock wheel?
    Yes you can take out the ribbon before you break it in but I recommend riding it once before just in case something happens. For example, on my first ride I found a broken connector on one of the bilge hoses.

IMO a clutch should have zero problems with the stock wheel/ ecu. However, clutch life depends a lot on how you ride... so don't hold it WOT when you unhook, let off the throttle easy, etc.

+1
    Congrats on the new ski. 9500 is a great deal. There's a "free mod" thread around here somewhere that has some exhaust and intake mods. You'll need to buy a sleeve to delete the ribbon, and if you do no other mods, I recommend a BOV at least.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    There's a "free mod" thread around here somewhere...

Free mods!

+1
    What does the blow off valve do for a stock ski, is it a performance gain in speed or does it simply protect the motor. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Congrats on the new ski. 9500 is a great deal. There's a "free mod" thread around here somewhere that has some exhaust and intake mods. You'll need to buy a sleeve to delete the ribbon, and if you do no other mods, I recommend a BOV at least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information