Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Angry Super charger clutch problems!

As I go back and think about these clutch problems it was September when the New 2011 clutch came out from yamaha and they started breaking there teeth off. Everone including me thought this problem would be addressed by Yamaha and there would be a updated clutch to correct this teeth shucking problem. Well guess what it's now almost Feb. four months later and this problem still exist for us. It look to me like there is not going to be a cure for this in the near future from Yamaha. To date in my opinion the SC shaft with the seadoo washers is it best solution to prevent this problem. Although it is very costly it may be the only true solution to our clutch problems
    for now. Since the spring riding season is only 90 days or less away I bet we will have to go with which ever bandaid you like to keep your ski up and running. I am very disaponited that yamaha has let us down on a fix for this! As the 2011 riding season gets going I bet we will see a lot of more post on clutch problems. I know a lot of guys have up graded there boost wheels to higher boost and with that the clutch problems will be more prevelant than last year. I am not trying to be the bad guy here just stating the facts as I see them, Tommy Jordan

+1
    Sometimes I hate it when you're right, Tommy.

Anyone with first hand experience on the Rotax clutch system?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    As I go back and think about these clutch problems it was September when the New 2011 clutch came out from yamaha and they started breaking there teeth off. Everone including me thought this problem would be addressed by Yamaha and there would be a updated clutch to correct this teeth shucking problem. Well guess what it's now almost Feb. four months later and this problem still exist for us. It look to me like there is not going to be a cure for this in the near future from Yamaha. To date in my opinion the SC shaft with the seadoo washers is it best solution to prevent this problem. Although it is very costly it may be the only true solution to our clutch problems
    for now. Since the spring riding season is only 90 days or less away I bet we will have to go with which ever bandaid you like to keep your ski up and running. I am very disaponited that yamaha has let us down on a fix for this! As the 2011 riding season gets going I bet we will see a lot of more post on clutch problems. I know a lot of guys have up graded there boost wheels to higher boost and with that the clutch problems will be more prevelant than last year. I am not trying to be the bad guy here just stating the facts as I see them, Tommy Jordan
    It's ashamed that Yamaha will not address this issue but we have seen this same scenerio before with them and other manufactures.
    If the only fix for this problem is a copy of the rotex design, I doubt that Yamaha would EVER do anything about it.

Seriously, good luck with this problem guys.

+1
    I agree with you totally. i actually rebiult my ski today witha 2010 clutch after the 2011 one failed back in nov. ( 3 months ) yamaha were good enough to replace the clutch however they would not replace the idler gear which was also damaged. so come on yamaha play the game.

+1
    Personally, I think the aftermarket will fix this problem before Yamaha ever will. I'm very surprised that the only help in this area is from E-T and Rotax.

Aren't there a couple other big players in the aftermarket sector???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    I agree with you totally. i actually rebiult my ski today witha 2010 clutch after the 2011 one failed back in nov. ( 3 months ) yamaha were good enough to replace the clutch however they would not replace the idler gear which was also damaged. so come on yamaha play the game.
    I just lost my teeth on the 2011 clutch (5hrs), the idler gear is screwd as well.
    I was launching hard when the ski cavitated and bounced off the limiter, all i heard was "scratch" then no boost.

We need a solid fix, anyone with all the R&D lightened parts having positive results?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    I just lost my teeth on the 2011 clutch (5hrs), the idler gear is screwd as well.
    I was launching hard when the ski cavitated and bounced off the limiter, all i heard was "scratch" then no boost.

We need a solid fix, anyone with all the R&D lightened parts having positive results?
    Here is the only solution that I have seen so far that should prevent SC clutch failer. I am shur some of R&D stuff will help but this product should take the shock load off the SC clutch to keep them intact See this Link Rotax Racing Hydraulic Booster Clutch System For SHO/FZ [RR7200] - $928.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce Tommy Jordan

+1

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Engine-Tech

Comes with:
    Larger shaft
    Secondary clutch
    3 Roller bearings

Works well so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information