Impeller for '99XPL

Hi All,

Im considering buying a Solas ST-SC-XO impeller for my '99 XPL as my current one isnt in the best of shape and ones popped up for sale...

Just wondering if my boat will turn this ok and will I notice any real improvement from it?

Engine has had a full rebuild and about 30 hours on it since. Pro K's and re-jetted by SurfNturf. Apart from that its only got handling/surf mods.....

Cheers,

Chris

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    i'd go with a Skat oem replacement,there hub design is better over stock and you will notice a differance
    but thats just me......

any one else?

turf?

+1
    Hey Chris ankle fixed yet ?? The stock prop is the best prop for your ski but a few mods need to be done . I uses Yan here : Repairs

Depending on your needs do you want top end or low/mid performance,I would have the diameter rebuilt so you have zero clearance between the pump liner and prop (zero cavitation been doing this mod since 99 way back in my racing days). They can scallop out the back of the blades to give better drive as well as the re pitch.Everybody talks about other props being better but I have used solas,skat etc and for your ski the stock one is the prop to use.And the plastic pump is the better pump to use with this set up.
    A good pitch is 13/19 for surf

Hi Trevor,

Yeah ankle is alot better, got a brace to wear when im doing anything physical. How have you been? Getting out at all?

I rang Ian and asked him about what you describe and he suggested I send him my entire pump.... Is this how you do it? I was hoping to send him my spear impeller so I dont have any down time but spose the entire pump would be the best way. I bet posting the pump is going to be a cheap exercise :S

He didn't recommend scalloping out the back of the blades to give better drive as he said unless my engine is over revving at the moment I may loose overall power.

Do you usually send him your entire pump Trev?

+1
    Yes the pump has to go and get a new liner as well. He will set the prop up so it is an interference fit with the liner.
    Once you do this you wont want to beach your ski ever again as the sand chews the liner out because of the snug fit.I still do but you have to flush the pump by lifting the back of the ski up and down a few times.
    I have just set up an account with Northern Kope transport at Wingfield so if you want to use it no problems as It should be a little cheaper .

When you get it back you have to bed the prop in to the liner using synthetic grease and water while it is running.Once done correctly it is the best mod to the OEM prop and pump.I can run through it with you when ready.

So when he re-lines the pump will her just use a normal 951 wear ring or something else? oOnce he does it when I need a new wear ring do I need to send the pump to him to get re-lined or can I just chuck a new wear ring in myself?

When I package up the pump should I pull the cone and drain the and pull the impeller out? Or send it all assembled/partially assembled?

Thanks for the offer of using your freight Trev, but I should be able to use works direct freight express account. How ever I will take you up on the offer of showing me how to bed in the new pump set up once I get it happening

+1
    Make sure you get a seadoo liner , send the pump (minus nozzle) and he usually installs liner sets prop up and greases ready for bedding in.

Thread Information