Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for others in the daytona beach/volusia county area

since there is a jacksonville thread in the general SD discussion area and i've had a few people contact me asking about meeting up to ride in the daytona area, i figured i'd start up a thread and see how many other SD owners we've got around here and start planning to meet up after the weather warms up a bit more.

my name is brian and i live in port orange. i usually ride over in deland on lake winnemissett (right off 44 near I-4) or on the st. johns in orange city (put in at highbanks). i've got a friend that has access to lake winnemissett and it's not open to the public, so usually it's pretty quiet out there. it's not a huge lake, but with half a dozen or so jet skis and a few boats there is plenty of room to have fun. plus we usually have a BBQ while we're out there. i also ride the halifax from dunlawton to ponce inlet from time to time as well.

i have a 2009 wakepro that started as a 215. i've got two buddies with two honda's each, so usually we have at least 5 jet skis on the water when we go out. i've seen some seadoo's around here, so i'd like to meet up and get some more SD's in the group. i'm kind of the read headed step child that smokes all the hondas

if you see me out riding, flag me down and say hello. my ski can usually be heard from a great distance away and can't be mistaken for another ski:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	227491

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	227492

+1
    Live over in Deltona. Ususally on the St. Johns somewhere when the weather is nice and the water is up. Usual rides are SR44 to SilverGlenn or down off SR50 in Titusville. I do have some boat friends that hang at that beach area south of Highbanks ramp, if the water isn't too high.

awesome! i made the trip from 44 up to the glen towards the end of the season last year. it was a pretty nice ride since there was almost nobody on the river. i kept having to double back since i'd go WOT for a ways, then turn around and go WOT back to meet up with my buddy on his flats boat that could only go about 45-50 mph. we usually hang out at that same beach area a little south of highbanks and head down to lake monroe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    awesome! i made the trip from 44 up to the glen towards the end of the season last year. it was a pretty nice ride since there was almost nobody on the river. i kept having to double back since i'd go WOT for a ways, then turn around and go WOT back to meet up with my buddy on his flats boat that could only go about 45-50 mph. we usually hang out at that same beach area a little south of highbanks and head down to lake monroe.
    You have to start watching for the water cops when you get near Astor. The speed limit is 30mph, but the cops last time they stopped me said could you go up to 40mph. After that maybe ticket time. So far managed not to get a ticket. Watch the idle zones, too.

a few of my buddies have gotten tickets on the st. johns. i was told that after you get like three of them you have to go to a boaters safety course. i've been lucky so far. they were trying to catch up to us from the beach south of highbanks, but we made it to the marina before lake monroe. we were WOT from the beach to the marina, and a few of our buddies that were at the beach saw them come around the bend right when we were taking off. got lucky on that one, lol.

+1
    Yea, I was going home from Astor to Deland at about 80mph. I kind of lucked out as I was coming around bend there was a water cop busy pulling a airboat out of the bushes. He just looked at me, I am sure he heard me coming.

We usually start out on the intracoastal in South Daytona (back yard)....and head to Disappearing Island every weekend.

Look for us....red RXT and a silver rxt-x.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCSI View Post
    We usually start out on the intracoastal in South Daytona (back yard)....and head to Disappearing Island every weekend.

Look for us....red RXT and a silver rxt-x.

will do. i head out there from time to time. you usually go saturday or sunday or both?

any of you local guys have the valve compression tool? i don't expect to have to install the RIVA valve retainers more than once for the next 80+ hours. but i do have a RIVA ECU and injectors to go on my ski, along with an upgraded x-charger wheel.

@ got wake, heard today HH out of Orlando & JJ out of Tampa bay might be heading that way early march around Bike Week, think they may be planning an event or something over there. I'm from Tampa so most likely will go if it happens.......

2008 Sea Doo RXT, stock
    1996 Sea Doo Speedster, stock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information