Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How many rpm's will i pick up

Ive got a 07 rxp with 4 inch kanaflex intake, external cooler and stock 215 charger running 7980rpm's. If i put a x charger on there with a riva pro ecu how many rpm's do u think ill pick up??

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    RPM pick up really doesn't matter, as your going to need to prop it for maximum power-rpm anyway. You're also gonna need some fueling modifications to support that set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    RPM pick up really doesn't matter, as your going to need to prop it for maximum power-rpm anyway. You're also gonna need some fueling modifications to support that set-up.
    I think the riva ecu should just be enough. Ive already got a big prop just wanting to get an idea of rpm increase

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.r View Post
    Ive got a 07 rxp with 4 inch kanaflex intake, external cooler and stock 215 charger running 7980rpm's. If i put a x charger on there with a riva pro ecu how many rpm's do u think ill pick up??
    First things first. Something is wrong if you are only turning 7900 Rpms. Limiter is 8300. You should be around 8220-8260. I would check the wear ring and replace it as well as check your prop. Something is off. Also, IMO you need more fuel with the external ic. If you go with the riva ecu, go with the riva 50's and you shouldn't need the RRPFR. Also go with a 15/22r and a reduction nozzle and a pump wedge.
    Rpms are a matter of tuning. No two skis are alike. Also get an lc1 to monitor your AFRS.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I think the riva ecu should just be enough. Ive already got a big prop just wanting to get an idea of rpm increase
    Your prop will probably be fine then, as your RPM's are currently low anyway (what prop is it???), but it will require "tweeking" after adding the ecu. Again.... you will also need fueling modifications to run the Riva ecu!

+1
    Think that if you want but the stock 38's can't keep up. Get the 50's as that is what the riva ecu is made for IMO. REMEBER THIS.... NEVER SKIMP ON THE THINGS THAT COUNT. ESPECIALLY FUEL. What prop are you running? Do you have an intake grate? If not get one. IMO you are going about this a little backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    First things first. Something is wrong if you are only turning 7900 Rpms. Limiter is 8300. You should be around 8220-8260. I would check the wear ring and replace it as well as check your prop. Something is off. Also, IMO you need more fuel with the external ic. If you go with the riva ecu, go with the riva 50's and you shouldn't need the RRPFR. Also go with a 15/22r and a reduction nozzle and a pump wedge.
    Rpms are a matter of tuning. No two skis are alike. Also get an lc1 to monitor your AFRS.
    Nothing is wrong its just ive got a 15/19 prop installed. Ive got the computer and injectors just sitting there just waiting to upgrade my valve springs first. Ive got the riva grate but dont like it, going to install a worx as i dont always ride in smooth conditions.

+1
    Nothing is wrong it just ive got a 15/19 prop installed.
    Skat 3 blade? No wonder. Your way underpowered for that prop.

+1
    Don't upgrade the fuel if you want. But ask us again after you do it your way with no fuel increase on how to rebuild the engine. It will go POP if you don't. Your choice. But I believe it is a bad one if you think the ecu alone will increase fuel. It will but not enough to be stable and prevent detonation and engine failure.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Skat 3 blade? No wonder. Your way underpowered for that prop.
    Yes a skat 3 blade. I know im way under powered for that prop, but going to start modding the motor so im sure it will be ok once i finish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information