Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Sea-doo speed tie

First and only fully integrated PWC mooring system. Convenient snap out plates and
    adapted covers allow for easy installation and positioning of the Speed Tie system
    at the front and rear of the watercraft. Provides quick and secure docking. Stores 8’ (2.4 m) of rope and locks to desired length. Sold in pairs.

295100422 - 2011 GTI and GTS
    296000249 - Models with suspension
    295100365 - 2010 and up GTX, RXT & RXT-X without suspension, WAKE Pro (Not illustrated)

Does anyone have this setup and could explain to me if they work well and how do they mount?

A gimmick that looks and sounds cool, but did you ever pull the cord on a lawnmower too far? Would hate for that too happen on the water. Interested in real life experiences also.

+1

I like how its built in to the plastics near the handle bar

I have them. The dealer installed. I think they work great. Generally the only problems is the boat docks have tie downs too far apart to use both the front and rear ties. But I use the one under the handle bar all by itself. Would not trust it in waves, as they say not to. But it is fast, easy and pretty cool. I have seen other people that have huge yellow ropes looped all over everything that look silly. Plus on mine, an rxt is the front compartment is a real pain to get into to get a rope in or out of.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    I have them. The dealer installed. I think they work great. Generally the only problems is the boat docks have tie downs too far apart to use both the front and rear ties. But I use the one under the handle bar all by itself. Would not trust it in waves, as they say not to. But it is fast, easy and pretty cool. I have seen other people that have huge yellow ropes looped all over everything that look silly. Plus on mine, an rxt is the front compartment is a real pain to get into to get a rope in or out of.
    Any photos you can share?

Never taken a picture of it while docked, sorry.

I have them and love it! Makes it easier and quicker! Go to sea Doo website they have photos and a video.

Sea Doo RXT IS 255

I installed one under my handlebar today. I have the second one for the back, but don't want to drill 6 holes on my deck, so I will keep it for when the first one breaks. Easy to install, I just poped two of the plastic anchors off, removed the black trim, and then squeezed it between the orange plastic and the place where it bolts to, bolted it in, and snapped everything back together. I didn't bother driling the rivet like it says.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	230578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	230579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	230580

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tnaant View Post
    I installed one under my handlebar today. I have the second one for the back, but don't want to drill 6 holes on my deck, so I will keep it for when the first one breaks. Easy to install, I just poped two of the plastic anchors off, removed the black trim, and then squeezed it between the orange plastic and the place where it bolts to, bolted it in, and snapped everything back together. I didn't bother driling the rivet like it says.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	230578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	230579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	230580
    Nice! That's exactly what I would do. I wish I could just buy that 1

I wish I had know this before I got this, but heres a little secret....I am looking at the part numbers in the instruction manual, and it looks like you can buy just the speed tie unit by itself along with the cover and bolts and nuts. The following parts will allow you to install one assembly under the handlebar, so you don't have to buy the pair.

Speed-Tie Unit (Retractable unit, need one) P/N 291 002 628
    Front Trim, (plastic cover with hole in it, need one) P/N 291 002 724
    Cam Trim (Plastic that clips under finger puller thingie, need one) P/N 291 002 727
    M6X45 tapered screws (need 4) P/N 205 364 560
    Double cage nuts (2nuts in 1 plastic strip, need 2 strips) P/N 921 002 755
    Plastic push-in clips (need 2) P/N 293 730 006

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information