Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

should i run a better sc shaft with e1 wheel?

im going to be upgrading to a e1 wheel this yr is it necessary to use a better supercharger shaft?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    im going to be upgrading to a e1 wheel this yr is it necessary to use a better supercharger shaft?
    Keep an eye on my thread

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/yama...g-testing.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    this a r&d shaft?what wheel u running?

+1
    No, Its not a R&D or Riva

Its a

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inwm8m.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	227669

+1
    woaaa now

+1
    "im going to be upgrading to a e1 wheel this yr is it necessary to use a better supercharger shaft?"

no you don't need an upgraded shaft

but yes it would be a good idea to do something to improve the reliability of the SC clutch - there are a couple of new modifications available to do this, hopefully someone will come out with a more cost effective solution - this is what Richie is working on

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    "im going to be upgrading to a e1 wheel this yr is it necessary to use a better supercharger shaft?"

no you don't need an upgraded shaft

but yes it would be a good idea to do something to improve the reliability of the SC clutch - there are a couple of new modifications available to do this, hopefully someone will come out with a more cost effective solution - this is what Richie is working on
    yea id like to go with something stronger im wonderin how riva and r&d shafts are holding up

+1
    I have the Riva but if I was buying again today for a low boost setup I would probably go with the R&D. Riva uses the same design as the stock shaft with a pressed on gear while the R&D is solid billet. They are nearly the same price, only difference is Riva's come with replacement bushings & you have to pay extra for them with R&D's.

Only thing is neither of these will help clutch life on higher boost setups & the only current option for that is from Rotax at 3X the price. Seems like there's other stuff coming from ET & others, so if you don't need it right away it might be worthwhile waiting until the riding season is closer & new stuff hits the market.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I have the Riva but if I was buying again today for a low boost setup I would probably go with the R&D. Riva uses the same design as the stock shaft with a pressed on gear while the R&D is solid billet. They are nearly the same price, only difference is Riva's come with replacement bushings & you have to pay extra for them with R&D's.

Only thing is neither of these will help clutch life on higher boost setups & the only current option for that is from Rotax at 3X the price. Seems like there's other stuff coming from ET & others, so if you don't need it right away it might be worthwhile waiting until the riding season is closer & new stuff hits the market.
    im gunna wait and see what comes out like ur saying ....how come u say for a low boost setup u would go with r&d has there been people breaking them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    im gunna wait and see what comes out like ur saying ....how come u say for a low boost setup u would go with r&d has there been people breaking them?
    I've heard of a few people snapping the gear off the Riva shaft with bigger wheels but never heard of either the Riva or R&D breaking with low boost(C3/B1). For me, I just wanted a little extra piece of mind, even though an upgraded shaft probably wasn't really necessary for my setup. If I was going to run an E1 or comparable wheel I think I'd be looking at the newer($$$) systems that also help take stress off the clutch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information