ultra 250 low boost 8-9lbs

I have an Ultra with a smaller pulley ,dont know size put im sure its smaller and is only doing 8-9lbs boost is there any way to fix this supercharger?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by legal import View Post
    I have an Ultra with a smaller pulley ,dont know size put im sure its smaller and is only doing 8-9lbs boost is there any way to fix this supercharger?
    Amex Card.................

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Amex Card.................

Quote Originally Posted by legal import View Post
    Did your ski ever got a full boost (11+ psi) with that smalller pulley in the beginning?
    There can be several possibilities that can cause low boost issue. But if you think your s/c is the problem, here is how you can check:
    Remove the top cover plate (outlet manifold) on the s/c and visually inspect the rotors surface for any rotor coating peeling problem. Remove the spark plugs and just bump the START button to rotate the rotors. In that way you can fully (360 deg) inspect the rotors. If you find that coating is peeled off, then it's no bueno. Then your s/c is done - thanks to the smaller pulley...

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    Did your ski ever got a full boost (11+ psi) with that smalller pulley in the beginning?
    There can be several possibilities that can cause low boost issue. But if you think your s/c is the problem, here is how you can check:
    Remove the top cover plate (outlet manifold) on the s/c and visually inspect the rotors surface for any rotor coating peeling problem. Remove the spark plugs and just bump the START button to rotate the rotors. In that way you can fully (360 deg) inspect the rotors. If you find that coating is peeled off, then it's no bueno. Then your s/c is done - thanks to the smaller pulley...
    I do agree that the smaller 1-1 amd 1.05-1 pullies do stress the SC more

But I can tell you/people that it has more to do with post ride care rather then just the pulley buy its self.........
    Not fogging a SC will cause the same thing to happen faster.......
    Modifying the catch can WILL lube your SC everytime you ride the ski............

I personally have over 85hr now on a 1-1 pulley........and have just had a visual inspection while it was off the ski and it IS 100%

before i pulled it out it doing 13+ lbs on the 1-1

So all I am saying is IF this ski has been neglected in its previous life than that is more of a causing factor than just a pulley change..
    probally find they tried to fit the small pulley to get the boost back to OEM before they sold it .......
    Waz

I think I 100% agree with sirbreaksalot... The previous owner had to put this pulley on after the s/c went bad just to get it back up to 8-9lbs boost .. also the intake filter and oil drain for the s/c was missing when i bought it. Even if I new all of this when I was buying it,I still would have taken it because it still runs 64.4MPH easily and the price was a steal..

Thread Information