2008 RXPX Installing HKS Blowout Valve

hi, I'm installing an HKS blowout valve on my new RXPX. wondering where I should install the vacuum hose. any suggestions?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Hopefully its a blowoff, not a blowout valve You can use one of the vacuum runners on the top of the intake manifold.... you just have to drill one out.

Welcome to the forum!

+1
    welcome to the forum

Thk drill it for bigger vacuum hose

+1
    Why are you installing a BOV? is your ski modified?

+1
    You need a 1/4 hole minimum or you are wasting your time. Also you need to find out what pressure it releases at or you can do more harm than good!!!!

+1
    The general consensus around here is that it's better not to run one. They can leak and they blow off charged air when riding through chop and unhooking. When you hook up that charge has been let go so you wait a split second for it to build up. I am still running one but will be getting rid of it soon.

+1
    For a BOV to work on a Supercharged engine like ours they need to be setup for the charger you are using ( psi etc ). You can buy the best BOV money can buy , slap it on and it won"t work properly unless its set for your particular Boost!! so your better off not running one. They tend to let out too much pressure.I have an expensive Turbosmart one which i still had to modify to stop it leaking but now i have it setup properly it works really well.....

Quote Originally Posted by sniper300 View Post
    For a BOV to work on a Supercharged engine like ours they need to be setup for the charger you are using ( psi etc ). You can buy the best BOV money can buy , slap it on and it won"t work properly unless its set for your particular Boost!! so your better off not running one. They tend to let out too much pressure.I have an expensive Turbosmart one which i still had to modify to stop it leaking but now i have it sepptup properly it works really well.....
    Yes you are correct that with most BOV valves you need to set it up for the charger that you intend on using, but with the HKS BOV you don't need to adjust anything.
    I tried a bunch of different BOV valves on the 4 tec and the only one I would run is the HKS.

Is it really worth putting one on for rec use???...I can understand if there is work done to the engine but on a std engine is it worth all the trouble? just curious

Thread Information