Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Newbie with a new project - SL750

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board, and share my new project. I wrote a really long intro, but for some reason, it wouldn't post. So I'm going to keep this one short, and if it works, I will post more later.
    Here is my winter project, it's a 95 SL750. The plan is to do a complete restoration. Pretty much a stock resto, except for the colors, and decals.
    Hopefully I can get this to post, if so look for more updates later.

Terre
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2788.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	227743  

+1
    Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where you located ????
    Theres tons of info on here for that ski

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk! Take a look at the projects section there is tons of info here.

Banned User
    +1
    I have one just like it....its a really fun ski. I know you will really enjoy the project as well as the results.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Have a look at my signature links

I live in the town of Dundee, it's located in southeastern Michigan. I have 2 kids, a daughter who is 16, and a boy who is 13, and yes, I have a wife too.

urugo - that's good advice, and yes I have been reading on this site since last summer. I think I have read just about every build on here. It helped me to decide on buying a Polaris ski.

Can anyone tell me the reasons a post may not be allowed to post, I had trouble again with a longer post. Is there a word limit?

Thanks....Terre

+1
    Welcome to the hulk.. We have a spam filter installed that makes new members first post moderated for approval. I do not see and unapproved posts for your user name so not sure what happened. There might be a limit for the quick reply maybe try posting in advanced.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycyclone View Post
    ...Can anyone tell me the reasons a post may not be allowed to post, I had trouble again with a longer post. Is there a word limit?...
    No word limit that I have found. And I have done some long posts I do however use Advanced Mode for anything long.

Start with your computer. Update Windows. Update your browser to the most current version.

Scan for malware (viruses, etc). I currently use Microsoft's own Microsoft Security Essentials.

What Internet browser are you using? I like Mozilla Firefox - works well.

If you want to check your Internet connection speed, go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Banned User
    +1
    Other than the handlebar pad it looks to be in nice shape.........good project

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Other than the handlebar pad it looks to be in nice shape.........good project
    Very nice looking ski. If you've been reading, then you know all the usual fuel related issues to address.

As for the handle bar pad, I had one that looked exactly like that on the '94 SL750 I'm fixing. I went to my local ACE Hardware and bought a can of Plasti Dip Spray on coating. I applied multiple coats on the pad until the entire can was gone. The red color they have is almost spot on to the OEM color of the pad.

One thing you'll find is the coating first looks like it will not cover smooth in the places where the OEM vinyl is gone and the foam is exposed. Resist the urge to 'spray it on thick' in those areas because you'll end up with runs in the coating. Just keep giving the pad even coats with maybe a little thicker in the exposed foam areas. Let the coating set up and then give it another coat. Just keep doing this and you'll end up with a pad that looks almost brand new.

KJ

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information