Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Buttons

  1. #1
    I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    944
    +1
    7

    Buttons

    Is there anywhere I can buy replacement buttons for the start/stop/bilge switch. Not the switches, just the buttons?

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Which Polaris model is it for? It looks as if you can only get the switch as an assembly. Watch ebay and sometimes you can get the whole switch for pretty cheap. I just recently got a start stop and trim switch with choke for 15 bucks shipped.

  3. #3
    I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    944
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Which Polaris model is it for? It looks as if you can only get the switch as an assembly. Watch ebay and sometimes you can get the whole switch for pretty cheap. I just recently got a start stop and trim switch with choke for 15 bucks shipped.
    Yeah, that's probably the route I'll have to end up going. I have a 1996 SL700 that the plastic piece to retain the spring washer broke (on the lanyard/stop switch), and a 1999 SLH that has a toggle switch mounted and no bilge switch in the handlebar for some reason...

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Soes the 96 sl700 just have the stop and trim functions on the switch, or does it have the start button as well?

  5. #5
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,599
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone14 View Post
    the 1999 SLH that has a toggle switch mounted and no bilge switch in the handlebar for some reason...
    You can upgrade to a switch assembly that does have the Bilge pump button. I am sure someone on here can tell you which models/years have the switch combination you need.

    All you would need to add is an Orange wire running from the switch down to the electrical box. Well, the actual wire doesn't have to be orange color, but it will be considered an Orange wire from an electrical point of view. The other terminal on the Bilge switch connects to Red/Purple, which is already connected to the Start button in the handlebar.

  6. #6
    I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    944
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    You can upgrade to a switch assembly that does have the Bilge pump button. I am sure someone on here can tell you which models/years have the switch combination you need.

    All you would need to add is an Orange wire running from the switch down to the electrical box. Well, the actual wire doesn't have to be orange color, but it will be considered an Orange wire from an electrical point of view. The other terminal on the Bilge switch connects to Red/Purple, which is already connected to the Start button in the handlebar.
    Sorry, bad description on my part. It USED to have a bilge switch on the handlebars, and someone removed it (hole in there for it still).

    I found a stop switch for the SL on ebay cheap so that prob. is solved...SLH bilge is another story.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. looking for xpl billet button holders
    By rapidacceleration in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 11:09 PM
  2. Mode/Set buttons
    By brad2510 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 02:31 PM
  3. start/stop button malfunction?
    By adrenalin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 11:18 AM
  4. Where did the home page button go??
    By boataddict in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 01:03 AM
  5. Set Button came off and loosing take off speed!
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •