Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

RIVA speed control override module instructions

I attached the instructions for you guys. I thought you would be particularly interested in the tuning information at the bottom of the instructions which give some indication on how all the different limiters on the stock ECU work

Quote Originally Posted by Tuning Information
    TUNING INFORMATION:
    The iControl Engine Management System has several factory limitations that must be considered when tuning/modifying your
    watercraft.

GPS Controlled Speed Limiter:
    U.S. models are governed to 67mph and International models are governed to 72mph. Note that this is actual speed as measured
    by hand held GPS and not speed displayed on instrument cluster. Speed limiter function is completely removed on both U.S. and
    International models when using RIVA Speed Control Override Module.

Engine RPM Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a factory engine RPM limiter set at 8,040rpm. Target engine RPM for modified applications
    should be 7,900-8,000rpm. The design of the iControl engine rev limiter allows the craft to run closer to limit than previous
    generation Sea-Doo’s without surging or losing power. iControl system will automatically close throttle as needed to reduce RPM if
    engine rev limit is reached.

Torque Limiter:
    Both U.S. and International models have a control system that calculates throttle position, boost pressure & engine RPM to limit maximum torque. When torque limit is exceeded, system will close throttle as needed to stay within factory specifications.

If anyone wants one of these modules they can be found in this section of the online store
    Parts for S3 Hull Skis : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I attached the instructions for you guys. I thought you would be particularly interested in the tuning information at the bottom of the instructions which give some indication on how all the different limiters on the stock ECU work

If anyone wants one of these modules they can be found in this section of the online store
    Parts for S3 Hull Skis : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
    So much for plug and play. This should be fun

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    So much for plug and play. This should be fun
    i figured it wouldnt be considering where it was supposed to plug in to

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    i figured it wouldnt be considering where it was supposed to plug in to
    Wow. I thought it was plug and play. Big question - can we do the BUDS update before we install this thing or does the update need to be done after we install it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    Wow. I thought it was plug and play. Big question - can we do the BUDS update before we install this thing or does the update need to be done after we install it?
    You can do it before, or you can do it after. You just need to have the BUDS update so that the module can do it's thing.

so what rpm does it go up to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoolover View Post
    so what rpm does it go up to.
    The speed module does not increase RPM's. It removes the stock speed limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You can do it before, or you can do it after. You just need to have the BUDS update so that the module can do it's thing.
    Thanks Jerry!! I'm taking the ski in tomorrow and dealer had to call BRP to find out about it, but they said if they hook up the ski to BUDS and the update comes up, then they will do it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    Thanks Jerry!! I'm taking the ski in tomorrow and dealer had to call BRP to find out about it, but they said if they hook up the ski to BUDS and the update comes up, then they will do it.
    It should come up but if it doesn't tell them to do it anyway. My dealer had no problem contacting BRP in order to locate the update and perform the install. They indicated that they had to "Look for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    It should come up but if it doesn't tell them to do it anyway. My dealer had no problem contacting BRP in order to locate the update and perform the install. They indicated that they had to "Look for it".
    Just got off the phone w the dealer. They hooked the ski up to BUDS and the update didn't come up so I'm out of luck, even though the service manager called BRP yesterday and BRP told him about the update, but said it's only for certain skis. Dealer won't do anything more unless BUDS tells them to update the ski. It's really fun working with this dealer!! Same clowns who didn't put my ride plate in correctly last time and I nearly sank.
    I'm canceling my order for the bypass since I can't use it anyway.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information