Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H2O Pump Wedge

H2O Pump Wedge

Does anyone have information on how the pump wedge that H2O sells affects the ride of the F12x? I was told it makes the ski faster and the ride less wet.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    You don't want a wedge with a F12x. Go look at the exit nozzle and you will see it is already angled up, You do not want to add more and decrease pump performance and efficiency.

To get the bow to ride higher and make the ski faster and the ride drier, Get your ride plate modified. I can do that for you. $125

Shawn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slayer7391 View Post
    Does anyone have information on how the pump wedge that H2O sells affects the ride of the F12x? I was told it makes the ski faster and the ride less wet.
    Yes I have used each of the wedges from H2OE. Yes you will gain a slight bit of speed with their 5 degree wedge. Mine picked up nearly 2mph, and I even did back to back tests (stock vs 5d). However with my set-up the wedge increased over steer a bit also. For this reason I ended up running the 2.5 wedge and like it very much. Keep in mind though that my ski is slightly modded and makes enough power to keep the nose up with less wedge.

If you want to try one without dropping much coin I will send you my 5d for $50 shipped. Just shoot me a PM.

My ski is stock. How would the 5 affect my ski. I'm looking for a drier ride on the ski, but dont want to lose any performance.

Nitro seems to think its a waste of money to place a wedge on these skis. Your thoughts since you've already done so.

My ski is stock. How would the 5 affect my ski. I'm looking for a drier ride on the ski, but dont want to lose any performance.

Nitro seems to think its a waste of money to place a wedge on these skis. Your thoughts since you've already done so.
    Nitro has been working with the F and R 12 for a long time. His statements have credibility based on experience and testing. Something to think about.

+1

Im not saying that adding a wedge is "the way" to get a drier ride. Fact is the Honda ski just plain has a wet ride. Yes adding the wedge will keep the nose of your ski a touch higher, but only when on throttle. This change in the attitude of the ski is also what leads to the over-steer. When you ask, well, everyone reading your questions you are likely to get varying answers and opinions so you may just have to try some things and go with what works best for you.

Hydroturf makes a bow spray shield that helps keep the water out of your face. I never did get around to putting one on my Honda (goggles).

I build Horsepower
    +1
    If you only want a drier ride. Read my thead below on a F12x splash guard install

Shawn

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/hond...tml#post262018

Nitro how the does the modification you recommend work

I build Horsepower
    +1
    It creates a drier ride for a F12x. Bout 70% drier...

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information