Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atlantic City boat show pics.

A few of us went to the Atlantic City boat show today to check out the new ski`s and here is what we saw and thought: even tho this is already old news and discussed here in length, just thought we`d share our trip...

The VSR/VXR is not that big/wide. The seat to handlebar orientation is not that comfortable, and I am the shortest out of the group that went today. This new generation ski only seems to have an engine change as the rest of the hull looks identical to the rental unit VX, other than hood and body graphics. The seat is horrible. The venturi nozzle is plastic and the ski feels/looks like something you would rent while out of town on vacation, not something we would purchase. somewhat disappointed after reading all the hype here, but now see why it might be a rough ride in open waters.

The FZR with the new paint theme of Chric Mac, looked very good. Adjustable steering, seat etc, leaves a comfortable riding position for most.
    The dealer tech told us that the percentages of clutch failures are very low, as a matter a fact only 2 ski`s out of 80 that went thru their shop were blown and from abuse...
    you guys can be the judge on that one...

We looked at the FX, SHO, FZS/FZR, and for the most part the forum already knows about these skis...and these ski`s compared to the VX series ski in our opinion just felt much nicer.

Seadoo:
    The IS skis are huge and bulky. The battery on a few models are in the back under a storage cover and looks like water can intrude easily over time. The suspension looks out of place or overkill for the sport. While the regular RXT (not present) appeared to be the best bang for the buck comparing money spent/saved and not based on customer preferences.
    The dealer did tell us that the X steering was a big waste as no customers to date have ever asked them to adjust the steering position to their liking.....
    the hulls on these performance ski`s do look very well designed. aesthetically and ergonomically I did like the RXTx display, controls, hull, but the seat was ok...
    okay, moving on...

The GTI`s are small and def looked bottom dollar beginner level. I did like the paint/graphics, but the graphics were peeling on the model displayed. and the GTX LTD`s same stuff different price.

Kawasaki: I`ll get to the 300 in a minute. Now what did catch our attention was the 15F. Price seemed to be right on target for what ya get. Some experienced Kawi riders that were with us liked the 15F and stated that it is a good ski for the coin hands down out of most of what we saw.

300X. I liked this machine. I liked the green theme and the dealer explained the new changes and electronics, supercharger, cooling etc. the one thing that kawi should have also addressed was the very sloppy adjustable steering that is still very sloppy... disappointed with that... price tag is 13,999.00 for whatever reason, kawi is using exposed phillips head screws excessively to attached the lower grab handle and other plastic which make it look cheap... I know this sounds nit picky, but 14k fish is a big chunk...
    summary:
    choices are easy yet hard. if I had to actually pick one, being biased coming from seadoo and moving onto yamaha I would have chosen the VXR/VSR since I have only read about the ski, but after caressing the ski at the show I would most likely chose something else. Possibly the FZR, maybe in stock form, not raced or abused, maybe the SC clutch will stay together, IDK... or FX/sho, they all looked good.
    personally right now the RXT would be the only seadoo choice, the others are bulky with a little to much techno.
    so it`s looking like the kawi 15F for a gas and go ski, priced right from 7900-8400...

don`t get me wrong they all look good, and these comments are not for argument. we looked, played, and discussed, some of it is the same old same old and some of it is a bit sublime. it all boils down to what you want out of a ski, how much your willing to plunk down, what style of riding or racing if that`s your intention, and how much down time the ski will be in the shop for whatever reasons.

although the FZR and kawi 300x look like very good contenders in that performance level/price...
    The show was fun, we made the rounds and spoke to many, it was a good time, thanks to the members that went...

some more;

and a few boats and stuff.

some of the boats and motors here were unreal, 350 V8 outboards, turbo and supercharged replacement engines, Zeus Penta drives... etc
    I was really diggin` the tug boat, the craftsmanship was unreal! Also checked out a few fishing boats for the rivers and bay...

+1
    Nice pics andy. We're heading down saturday. My favorite part of the show is talking to the sales people and listening to the crap they try to blow up your butt. Whether it be HP #'s, top speed #'s or them try to deny or downplay problems we all know each brand ski has. If I wasn't unemployed, I wouldn't mind picking up a VXR or S as a 2nd ski to wave jump with. To me, that's all they're good for.

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Nice pics andy. We're heading down saturday. My favorite part of the show is talking to the sales people and listening to the crap they try to blow up your butt. Whether it be HP #'s, top speed #'s or them try to deny or downplay problems we all know each brand ski has. If I wasn't unemployed, I wouldn't mind picking up a VXR or S as a 2nd ski to wave jump with. To me, that's all they're good for.
    members def need to check them out and judge for themselves. We actually did pretty well speaking with the sales personnel. We had Dennis and Kevin from Hamilton, Brian from Sheltered Cove, A tech from All action, and Tom from Beesley`s that actually were more realistic with their info and sales pitch...lol...
    we had a very good time discussing these ski`s and getting jiggy...
    hahaha there were no wild claims of 75+ mph this year... hahahah
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-02-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added Beesley's guy

+1
    So the 2011 yellow RXT 260 was not present???

WTF.

Hopefully we can secure 1 at the show. Luckily we saw one at a local dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    So the 2011 yellow RXT 260 was not present???

WTF.

Hopefully we can secure 1 at the show. Luckily we saw one at a local dealer.
    I think the yellow one was an IS ski...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I think the yellow one was an IS ski...
    Boooo.

This is the guy

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I got another look at the vxr/s at the boat show too. It just has that super plasticy crap feel to everything. The hood, the cowls on the side of the boat. It just felt cheap. I also felt like I had to really reach forward to get ahold of the bars; uncomfortable.

+1
    Did Lacy powersports have a booth there this year? I know they did a couple years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information