Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Mandinga22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    miami, fl
    Posts
    104

    2007 FX HO... question...

    so my buddy asked me to post this for him...

    he has a 2007 yamaha fx ho.. he wants to put a bottle on it and wants to know how much he can spray.. he thinks a 25 shot is good enough... safety is not an issue for him, blowing up the engine isnt either (Dont ask)... so what do u guys think???


  2. #2
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    Adding nos to a PWC is not worth it. First of, the increase HP will have little to no effect because the prop will not be able to compensate for the added HP. The ECU will also control the rpm so the increased HP will have very little effect. This topic has been discussed a few times, try a search for more info if you like but you will keep coming back to the conclusion that the prop will limit almost all the effects of the nos.

    edit- I personally have a 07 FX HO

  3. #3
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    Hello there,

    It is a very possible mod with very good results. I will recommend for your friend to set up a second pump with a taller impeller so he can take advantage of the extra power and easily switch back to the stock pump for regular runs, Julio...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    423
    +1
    7
    ^ thats alotta work for a slow FXHO. Better off selling it for a stock SHO.

  5. #5
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Hello there,

    It is a very possible mod with very good results. I will recommend for your friend to set up a second pump with a taller impeller so he can take advantage of the extra power and easily switch back to the stock pump for regular runs, Julio...
    While this is possible, it would require a ton of tweeking. A shot of nos does not last long so testing would take many shots and getting accurate results would be very hard.

    IMO its not worth it at all. You put your engine at risk as well.

  6. #6
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandinga22 View Post
    so my buddy asked me to post this for him...

    he has a 2007 yamaha fx ho.. he wants to put a bottle on it and wants to know how much he can spray.. he thinks a 25 shot is good enough... safety is not an issue for him, blowing up the engine isnt either (Dont ask)... so what do u guys think???

    its doable.. tell your buddy to have the ecu reflashed and have the rpm limit raised, that way when you spray you dont hit the rev limiter and you can still ride around on the same prop while off the bottle

    let us know how it goes.

  7. #7
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Adding nos to a PWC is not worth it. First of, the increase HP will have little to no effect because the prop will not be able to compensate for the added HP
    if you had been at the last hydro drags, you'd want a bottle in your ski

  8. #8
    Mandinga22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    miami, fl
    Posts
    104
    thanks guys... i'll let my boy know what has been said... hes going to get a sho engine later and is just wanting to have the final fun with his 200 hour HO engine... hes a little crazy so this is definately gonna be fun to watch. lol

  9. #9
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    if you had been at the last hydro drags, you'd want a bottle in your ski
    +1 Jorge you know where I'm coming from...

  10. #10
    TennR600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN\Boynton Beach Fl
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    its doable.. tell your buddy to have the ecu reflashed and have the rpm limit raised, that way when you spray you dont hit the rev limiter and you can still ride around on the same prop while off the bottle

    let us know how it goes.
    Can you reflash the ecu on a FX HO 160 HP???? I have emailed R&D asking them this twice with no answer. Thanks Roy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 FX HO questions (Riva stage 1)
    By cjldad in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 10:27 AM
  2. 2007 FX HO CRUISER w/ 25 hours
    By Islandtime in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM
  3. 2007 FX-HO Question
    By jimyed in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
  4. 2007 FX HO Question
    By GM Killer 5.0 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 02:39 PM
  5. 2006 vs 2007 FX HO Cruiser cover
    By jb_turner in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •