Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb More problem on my engine

Dear friends I become crazy. My engine doesn't want to play well. My engine uses cam r.r. 2005-ecu r.r. + injector-head work 0.8 mm-valve and retainers r.r.-pistons 2 ring r.r.-chaintensioner r.r.-open loop riva-super c. imp. + spacer 3 bearing-r.r.-air filter-and more. My problem is, the engine runs fine when I accelerate and slow floppy doesn't sounds good sleep. The engine was put on stage as manual, pin up, pin crankshaft cam on, after you tighten the screws on gearwheel, after that my blood pressure and 142 psi but my engine sounds good when I accelerate isn't fast. I read about tread which friends to make a step forward with cam RACING had to move the sprocket chain of a tooth on what you think is possible? I hope to solve the problem because if I can't when I next snow will throw everything in love. Hi all, thanks for your help sorry for my English.

+1
    Am I reading this right - you think you are off a tooth on the cam sprocket. If yes, it will make it run like shit and lose power

Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    Am I reading this right - you think you are off a tooth on the cam sprocket. If yes, it will make it run like shit and lose power
    Thanks dear friend, i don't no , i position cam sproket cam with pin on the head and pin on crankshaft and after fix chaintensioner and after tighten 3 bolts, this is procedure standard Rotax . ciao thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Thanks dear friend, i don't no , i position cam sproket cam with pin on the head and pin on crankshaft and after fix chaintensioner and after tighten 3 bolts, this is procedure standard Rotax . ciao thanks
    Hi guys, I see that many guys have visited my post but only one has given me advice, where are all professors of this forum? Thanks for the help.

Hello Samui,

I guess the problem is that many people (including me) do not understand your question. What is your problem?

+1
    Not sure of your question either?

Sorry for my lenguage

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Not sure of your question either?
    Thank you all, my problem is this. My engine has been overhauled completely from head Pistons crankshaft bearing and everything. my engine is 2005 and intall all components racing Rotax. My problem is this, the engine runs fine in idle position not adjust when I push the gas engine and slow, the spark are very black, for I have idle coupon of 215 hp mounted injector. My thinking is that my camshaft Rotax racing 2005 endurance version is not just a phase or my ecu problem. I was reading about other tread that guys to put good cam phase should try to move a tooth more or less the wheel on cam, have you ever tried? My stage was built as rotax cam pin-crank pin-fix chain tensioner-tighten 3 bolts gear cam.Everything is correct but my engine not run well. My compression is 140 psi because my head and machined 0, 8 mm. When you start the engine in idle position from my exsaust exit much smell petrol. Sorry for my language use Google Translator. Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice. Hello

Moderated

hope this attempt at translation helps.

Translation ( well my attempt at it)

my problem is this. My engine has been overhauled completely from head, Pistons , crankshaft bearing etc..... my engine is 2005 spec and I install all components Rotax Racing .

My problem is this, the engine runs fine at idle position but it does not adjust when I push the throttle and it feels rough, the spark plugs are also very black ( fouled???) , I have idle coupon of 215 hp mounted injector.

My thinking is that my camshaft (otax racing 2005 endurance version) is not at the correct phase or my ecu is a problem.

I was reading another thread that guys had to put the cam in correct phase..... should I try to move a tooth more or less the wheel on cam????? have you ever tried adjusting the cam this way ?

My stage was built as rotax cam pin-crank pin-fix chain tensioner-tighten 3 bolts gear cam.

Everything is correct but my engine not run well.

My compression is 140 psi because my head and machined 0, 8 mm.

When you start the engine in idle position from my exsaust exit much smell petrol.

Sorry for my language use Google Translator. Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    Translation ( well my attempt at it)

my problem is this. My engine has been overhauled completely from head, Pistons , crankshaft bearing etc..... my engine is 2005 spec and I install all components Rotax Racing .

My problem is this, the engine runs fine at idle position but it does not adjust when I push the throttle and it feels rough, the spark plugs are also very black ( fouled???) , I have idle coupon of 215 hp mounted injector.

My thinking is that my camshaft (otax racing 2005 endurance version) is not at the correct phase or my ecu is a problem.

I was reading another thread that guys had to put the cam in correct phase..... should I try to move a tooth more or less the wheel on cam????? have you ever tried adjusting the cam this way ?

My stage was built as rotax cam pin-crank pin-fix chain tensioner-tighten 3 bolts gear cam.

Everything is correct but my engine not run well.

My compression is 140 psi because my head and machined 0, 8 mm.

When you start the engine in idle position from my exsaust exit much smell petrol.

Sorry for my language use Google Translator. Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice.
    Very thanks mr.Izzo for your adjustament

+1
    Samui, since your compression is 140-145 psi, I think your cam position is fine. I would like to know what ECU, size injectors, impeller, and supercharger you are running? Also, what is maximum rpm you are seeing at top speed? My guess is that you have a fueling issue, or need TPS reset at a dealer. Do you have an AFR meter, and if so, what is your reading on AFR at idle and top speed?

Usually a RR cam will lower compression readings, so since your compression is at 140, that is very good, I do not think your cam timing is off at all. I would not change cam setup at all, but check the other things above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information