1999 kawasaki stx 900 no spark

ran ski at work drove home tryed to start the next day and wouldnt start. found it had no spark. any common problom with this problom?

If you are sure that "no spark" is the cause of the problem, open the electrical box which is a grey aluminum casing near the battery. Sometimes the ignition signal wire(s) can be pinched between the lid and the bottom casing and short out. If that's not it, your igniter might be shot. But it's hard to imagine that engine started fine at work and no spark at home next day. I would double check if that's an electrical issue. Have tried spraying some starting fluid at carbs to see if it would pop at all?

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    If you are sure that "no spark" is the cause of the problem, open the electrical box which is a grey aluminum casing near the battery. Sometimes the ignition signal wire(s) can be pinched between the lid and the bottom casing and short out. If that's not it, your igniter might be shot. But it's hard to imagine that engine started fine at work and no spark at home next day. I would double check if that's an electrical issue. Have tried spraying some starting fluid at carbs to see if it would pop at all?
    yeah im sure no spark. Im a honda car tech. Put a spark test on it no light. I just got a manual to check out the wiring on it. Just lookin for someone to point me in the right direction

+1
    Have you pulled the plugs out and looked at them? If they're fuel soaked, they won't fire and will ground out the spark current. I don't think your firing indicator would show a spark in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post

when you first try to start the ski does the fuel level, temp, and oil light suppose to light up till it starts ? when i push the start button it doesnt light up anything just turns over. did find a couple of broken wires in the electrical box. just not sure about the light bc i think i got a another elec. problem somewhere else. the wiring schematics i have suck

Thread Information