Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pwc market

+1

Pwc market

Is it me or is there just no used pwc on the market right now? When i bought my gpr the market was loaded with pwc. Now i cant seem to find any that im looking for. Im trying to find a nice older fx or vx or a project one so i can get it cheap and there just isnt any thing out there.

i checked my local want ads and usually there is about 20-30 skis at any given time there was 1 listed right now and even the greenhulk classifieds seem empty

+1
    I hear ya man. I have been looking for a PWC for a while and in my area there are hardly any. And the ones i do see are being sold for way too much.

But i finally found one though

Skis are expensive and in this market no one wants to dump their ski for nothing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Skis are expensive and in this market no one wants to dump their ski for nothing.
    +1 and it's winter. You'll start to see things coming up for sale in the next few months. People just aren't thinking about selling skis right now, as soon as the weather turns, it will be a different story.

+1
    yah i dont want to spend more then 3-4 g because that's all i spend on the Yamaha. i bought it from minx20 in January for 3g. i was more or less just surprised at the lack of skis on the market over all though. but i think you guys are right the pwc market has been crushed by the bad economy. hopefully i can find a ski in the spring-mid summer. i have seen the older vxs go for 3g so i know my not crazy on my price range lol.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    The florida market is flooded with jet skis

+1
    +2

+1
    Yep, I have had my ski's forsale for a few months now as we bought a boat and the offers I recieve just do not justify the sale of the ski. I might aswell leave them at the house and when I use em I use em.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Yep, I have had my ski's forsale for a few months now as we bought a boat and the offers I recieve just do not justify the sale of the ski. I might aswell leave them at the house and when I use em I use em.
    exactly! there are some really nice well built or well maintained ski`s out there that you`d think they would bring what they deserve. There is always going to be the yanker to lowball anyones price...
    I think the junk, low maintenance ski`s and poorly built machines compete with the better craft.
    I`d rather use my GPR as a planter in the front yard or move it into the TV room as a otterman before I`d let it go for peanuts...
    Austin, you have a smokin ski there bro! someone will realize exactly what it is and you`ll get the coin. if not then do what you just said...

+1
    you know what though i dont mind paying a fair price for something im looking for. Yes people low ball but people also price them selves right out of the market as well. im sorry with whats avalible on the market from the manufactures it is hard to justify the cost any more. i dont think a conversion is worth 15k when you can get a sho/fzr for less dont get me wrong i know they are two different machines. But you talking about getting a new machine for less with a warranty with easy to get parts. you have to find just the right buyer for a gprxp now.

I get pwc are expensive to. but as a buyer there is an inherent risk with buying a used machine. If i get a machine with 100+ hours on it how long is it going to be before i have to rebuild it? The cost of rebuilding these engines isnt cheap either. i have to rebuild my 800 this spring im looking at about 1000 (crank 5XX, rebuilt carbs 250, pistons and rings 100, gaskets set probably another 100+) if im lucky. so yah im not going to pay 6g for a craft that is 4+ years old 100+ hrs and retailed for 8500 when it was new. because at that rate im better off just spending the extra few g buying a brand new machine and have a warranty.

geez i sold two cars that were 2 years old and both had under 30k on them and i only got 2/3s there value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information