+1

Thumbs up prop repair info

I recently had a prop that over time the edge of the blade had bad cavation burns on the sealing edge along with some sand damage from ridding at the coast in shallow rivers. I desided to replace it. which I did. Now what to do with the old prop? I desided to ship it to Dave at Impros to see if he could repair if . Well I got it back today and it looks better than new. Checked it in my wear ring and it even fits tighter(less prop/wear ring clerance) than the new one. Repair cost was a little less than 1/2 the price of a new prop. So befor you can that old prop due to damage or just because it's burnt bad consider a repair. Dave at Impros does the best work I have seen by far. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Cool to hear. What did you get it pitched to? Might be worth it to buy someone's stack take-off and get it repitched instead of buying a new one.

+1
    I have had Dave repair a variety of different types of damage to props. He is amazing in what he can fix, and like stated reasonable compared to the cost of new. I have even had him weld them up and make them a larger diameter for experimentation. I peticularly like the finish he does on the prop, very clean and uniform. It is much better the these "Race Finish" sand blast jobs that other shops do to hide tool marks from prop bending. then actually charge extra for it LoL.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Cool to hear. What did you get it pitched to? Might be worth it to buy someone's stack take-off and get it repitched instead of buying a new one.
    I did not get the pitch changes as I do prop pitching my self. I only sent the prop out to see if it could be revived for use again. The end result is a prop that fit better than the new one i just bought. Over the years I have just trash canned props with cavation burns and minor prop blade damage. With new props now costing $250-$300 each a repair is well worth the dollars. Plus now I have a spare prop to boot if I should need one in the middle of riding season. **** (four stars) for the quality repair that Impros did to my props (2) Tommy Jordan

+1
    I've got a prop going to Dave here very soon. Mark swears they come back better than new. Good feedback Tommy and Mark.

+1
    I've had 7 or 8 props repitched and/or repaired by him & they've all come back better than new perfect. I also had him weld up a 155 Skat to 160 & you'd never be able to tell the difference from an original 160.

FYI...if you have props you want to have done don't wait til spring, because once the season starts he gets slammed. Everything I've sent him this time of year has always been turned around within a couple days.

+1
    I have exchanged many emails with Dave at Impros and he is always very timely on getting back to me and provides very good information.

Thread Information