Homer Glen, IL

Just curious about something.....

I've been looking over performance mods for SC version skis (just incase I go that route ) and have a question.

I've owned quite a few beefed up toys. Such as SC Mustang Cobra,Turbo Dodges, a few built up bikes/quads...etc.

Why is it that I can buy a SCT tuner which adjusts timing, fuel curves, etc for around $450 but I see nothing for Skis like this except for a 3k ECU and a super high dollar reflash?

Why no power commanders with auto tune? Or just timing modules in general? When I change my intake and exhaust on a quad for example, I install a power commander for the fuel curves. When tuning my mustang I had a hand held tuner to make timing adjustments and fuel curve adjustments.

Just curious why this seems non-existent in the PWC world?? or am I missing something here?

Wylie, Texas
    There are less skis sold and being modified than Mustangs being sold and modified. Less parts, higher prices. Higher expenses less interest in researching and developing parts.

North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    There is the RD ECU reflash in the GH store for the yamaha supercharged 4strokes that is $690. Pretty reasonable considering the performance gains IMO.
    The 3k systems are great for those who need that kind of tuneabiltiy.

NE Ohio
    A couple of different possibilities, the SCT Pro Tuner is more than $450 and even at that, it is for one vin #. I use one on my viper. Secondly, a Motec for a car is not going to be far different than an aftermarket ecu for a ski. I thought the same initially, but, it is not as bad as it seems. In addition, a reflash should work far better on a ski, because the mods are typically limited and well documented, plus the ski ecu is load density controlled., which is positive for a reflash.

Central Florida
    SCT would make a fortune if they started tuning skis as well.

Thread Information