Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC removal - stuck?

This is such a dumb problem....ive taken my damn SC off before (oem one) and im trying to get this x-charger off now. Got the 3 screws off and all hoses etc.....if i remember correctly, the fukr is supposed to pop right off the damn engine! WTF is my SC not budging! I can barely even get the SC assembly to spin at all much less pop right off. I guess the O rings are keeping it stuck ut i dripped oil on that side of the SC and nothing is working and im trying to resist prying too much against the motor and cracking something that will supremely piss me the hell off! WTF is the trick to a stuck charger please! Before this 15min damn job takes me all fukn day!

Thanks - before i really loose it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    This is such a dumb problem....ive taken my damn SC off before (oem one) and im trying to get this x-charger off now. Got the 3 screws off and all hoses etc.....if i remember correctly, the fukr is supposed to pop right off the damn engine! WTF is my SC not budging! I can barely even get the SC assembly to spin at all much less pop right off. I guess the O rings are keeping it stuck ut i dripped oil on that side of the SC and nothing is working and im trying to resist prying too much against the motor and cracking something that will supremely piss me the hell off! WTF is the trick to a stuck charger please! Before this 15min damn job takes me all fukn day!

Thanks - before i really loose it!
    I usually try to spin it, left and right. If you are able to work it back and forth, you might be able to break it free. I think I've seen guys put a piece of wood against the SCer and then push against the head, but I'm not sure I'd recommend that.

Make sure you oil up the O-rings before you reinstall!

+1
    Sure you have the right three bolts out ? Top one is a no brainer but you may have confused one of the bottom ones. Especially if you can't move it left to right.

The SC moves/spins....just not much though (enough that i know the right 3 are out)....yea got the right 3 bolts out. even looked at my OEM charger first to make sure. This whore is just stuck and i dont want to crack anything on the motor by prying since its stuck so bad....looking for a secret trick in this forums before i get really pissed and try anything!

+1
    Try rotating the impeller you may have a worn gear causing it to bind.

Yea I did that too. put a wrench on the SC impeller to spin it etc....no change. Cant believe this is burning up my fukn Sat....i have zero patience for dumb shit like this!

I find it hard to believe how TIGHT its stuck to the motor!!!!!!....does this make sence to anyone else?? It barely spins and when it does it just wedges up tighter! its gotten worse! WTF? Its a fresh water ski with an x-charger at 80hrs! Hammer to SC body is coming SOON!

Unbelieveable!!!! Put parts back on....ran motor for a minute or two to get warm. using a floor jack handle to wedge the bitch while i tap all over the front of SC with metal hammer and my body weight bouncing and leaning against the floor jack handle....wont come off. has moved about 2mm maybe. W-T-F!!!!!!

+1
    Did you put antiseize before you put it on last time?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Sure you have the right three bolts out ? Top one is a no brainer but you may have confused one of the bottom ones. Especially if you can't move it left to right.

Im with Bill...It real easy to mistake the bottom and side bolts...I havent ever seen a Scer come out that hard...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information