Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

O/T Incredible Pics of 9-11

Anybody seen these pics of the aftermath of 9-11 at the world trade centers? Wow. For those who think we should not be in Iraq, a grim reminder of why we are. Just my .02 cents.

http://www.zombietime.com/wtc_9-13-2001/

why iraq? we are after osama bin laden and co.

Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11...
    Isn't Iraq where these idiot's we're hiding and getting hospitalized...as if gassing the kerds wasn't enough. How about having 2200 lbs of anthrax...when a gram will infect a city block. Oh yea, how about the vx and mustard gas? When ever the US tries to help dictators it comes back to bite us hard; ie N Korea Iran and Iraq. This problem did'nt get caused by one administration, and won't be fixed by one administration. And Israel is probably the main reason we're involved in the middle east over the last 30 yrs.

I personally dislike the war, but considering the sanctions that we're ignored and the proximity to Israel and the willingness of certain ppl to use nukes or any deadly force on Israel or us, the congress AND the president did not have any options. The way it should have been stopped was to not give technology to them to start with. North Korea and Iran being the best examples of my argument. There is nothing simple or easy when dealing with the peaceful religon of islam or the middle east. We can't cherry pick the issues over there, it's far too complicated to be solved by one decision W/O being held hostage by islamic facists and a large percentage of the known oil supplies in the world. Pick your poison!

Just my .02c No offense to anyone intended!

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Isn't Iraq where these idiot's we're hiding and getting hospitalized...as if gassing the kerds wasn't enough. How about having 2200 lbs of anthrax...when a gram will infect a city block. Oh yea, how about the vx and mustard gas? When ever the US tries to help dictators it comes back to bite us hard; ie N Korea Iran and Iraq. This problem did'nt get caused by one administration, and won't be fixed by one administration. And Israel is probably the main reason we're involved in the middle east over the last 30 yrs.

I personally dislike the war, but considering the sanctions that we're ignored and the proximity to Israel and the willingness of certain ppl to use nukes or any deadly force on Israel or us, the congress AND the president did not have any options. The way it should have been stopped was to not give technology to them to start with. North Korea and Iran being the best examples of my argument. There is nothing simple or easy when dealing with the peaceful religon of islam or the middle east. We can't cherry pick the issues over there, it's far too complicated to be solved by one decision W/O being held hostage by islamic facists and a large percentage of the known oil supplies in the world. Pick your poison!

Just my .02c No offense to anyone intended!
    9/11 attackers were mostly Saudi, who cares where they hid?

1 gram of Anthrax will not affect a city block. It's harder to deliver than u think. If we worried about all the bad weapons that countries might use against us or sell to someone who might, then we are at war with most of the planet.

For the record we never propped up or back N.Korea, only Saddam. We give the DPRK aid, but we give to many other countries as well.

Iran is in close proximity to Israel. They're currently making their own nuke fuel (for peaceful purposes). They've publicly threatened our ally and wants them "wiped off the map." They've ignored sanctions. So when do we go to war with them? Where do we get the troops and equipment?

War costs money and multifront wars costs more. Our aggressive fight on terror, may just be our own demise. Terrorists can hold out and last in guerilla wars because of our own rules (geneva convention). So just wait it out and bankrupt the enemy and you win. No need to win bullet to bullet, man to man. Remember Afghanistan and the USSR? The USSR is doing much better now.

As for Islamofascists owning most of the oil, I disagree. Russia has huge oil supplies, so does the US and Venezuela. We just won't/can't drill for ours.

This war sucks, but we gotta fix what we broke, but we gotta be careful becuase a smart enemy will start some crap now while we are bogged down in two wars. Hence N.Korea and Iran talking smack. They wouldn't say nothing otherwise if our hands weren't tied.
    Last edited by qbzonk; 11-12-2006 at 08:06 AM.

+1
    Wanna bet zonk.
    If we get out now then a terrorist regime WILL take over. Its that simple. Remember Hitler. Can`t let that happen again. Saddam was a ruthless dictator. I`m glad he`s gonna hang. We step outside to fight wars so its not on our soil. See those pics at the top? Imagine every city like that. The whole city. I for one think its time to cut the cord to Israel. Step up to alternative fuel and screw the Middle East. At the rate China is going,,Venezuela and the Middle East will be bone dry in 10 years.

No more oil, no more Middle East. CNN won`t ever go there again. Of course when the oil is gone that will be the U. S. `s fault as well. Geneva Convention,,,you think we follow that to the letter? I`ve seen footage of gunners on apaches smokin humans with 30cal rounds. Geneva Convention states 50cal and larger cannot be used on humans only the destruction of equipment. Maybe the guy had a canteen.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You think us being in Afgan. and Iraq is wrong? Then I guess you think the TSA is what stopped the attacks here. Whats stopping us from leaving Iraq is the Iraqis. If they don't see an American then they'll kill a fellow Iraqi. We leave and the Iraqis have no government or police in one hour. Hoss is 100% correct about their oil. If it wasn't for the crude they would be no better than Sudan or Uganda, but with the crude they got enough cash to fund a bunch of idiots. I don't care where the terrorists are from, where they train, where they hide, etc. I care about what organization gave them the funds to carry out their attacks. I guess when Saddam decided that he owned Kuwait that we should have stayed out of that one also. If you think about it the Saudi's should be paying for the whole thing since they are the ones benefiting the most. Think SA would come to our aid if Canada started acting up? All these Democratic Countries come crying to the US when the neighborhood bully acts up.

The only reason that we will never win a guerrilla type war is that we won't knowingly kill women and children to obtain our ojective. We wont kill a bad guy hiding behind an 8 yr. old girl. We won't nuke the Sunni Triangle and let them start over. We wont send a cruise missle in the front door of a Mosque to get the bad guy. Guess what those fanatics will blow up a school full of kids to kill one soldier. They would make their son strap a bomb to his chest and walk into a crowded market full of their own countrymen to kill one soldier. They would have their mom drive a car to a checkpoint to kill a soldier. They would hijack an airplane full of mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives and fly it into a building of unknowing people so they could say ha ha we got you. Maybe we should leave them alone. After they finish killing their neighbors because they dislike their version of the same religion they'll just leave everyone else alone.

I've been there once (Desert Storm) and if I could I would go right now. For every soldier that is killed helping the Iraqis means some American child is allowed to play without ducking everytime a plane flys overhead, a van drives by, a bus stops to pick them up. For anyone that thinks we went there because of oil, you need to get your head out your azz.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    If it was me I'd turn the whole damn country into a glass parking lot. We started to do it to Japan and look how they turned out

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Wanna bet zonk.
    If we get out now then a terrorist regime WILL take over. Its that simple. Remember Hitler.
    Hoss, maybe you should sober up before you reply. I said we CAN"T get out now. I never said cut and run.

+1
    Zonk 1 gram of anthrax coming to Orlando brought by your friends in Iraq. Maybe it'll affect someone you do care about!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information