2000 gp1200 will not start. Does this thing have a fuel pump?

I am trying to sell this ski and it has 109 hours on it and was running great last year.

I am a Auto/boat mechanic and the system is Greek to me? I have taken the filter off and blew through the gas hoses back to the fuel cock to the tank and I hear it bubbling.
    So I think it is clear there? I also can take out the plugs and put a little gas into the cylinders and she fires up. I squeezed some sea foam down the hose going to the carbs mixed with some gas. It accepted about a half a cup but still no cigar.
    Does anyone understand haw the fuel system works? Does it have a fuel pump?

Thanks so much!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1354.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	228239

Here it is I would let it go for $2500 I need to get it started, I need some help if someone will help give me a call 804-894-5801
    Thanks

This does not have a fuel pump. Usually the carbs get build up in them and need a rebuild done. If you have good spark and compresion I would go for the carb rebuild/Clean. That should get it going. This is pretty normal for these WR's. Some owners have added a primer inline to force some fuel in to get it to start easier but that does not fix the problem in the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveard View Post
    This does not have a fuel pump. Usually the carbs get build up in them and need a rebuild done. If you have good spark and compresion I would go for the carb rebuild/Clean. That should get it going. This is pretty normal for these WR's. Some owners have added a primer inline to force some fuel in to get it to start easier but that does not fix the problem in the carb.
    What type of primer in line?

Thanks for the help!

You need to do a rebuild. All you need is the primer and show the buyer its running and the next week you will be getting a phone call back of "why did the engine blow up?" They lean out at mid-full power when the carbs gum up and then boom! You can do them yourself or there are a couple of reputable guys on this forum the do rebuilds. Do a search on carb rebuilds.

these are hard to start even with clean carbs unless you add a primer or squeeze the throttle 10x utilizing the accelerator pump as a mini primer. Make sure the fuel cock knob is "ON". It does sound like you need a rebuild, no surprise they always do LOL. The fuel pumps are in the carbs.

Thread Information