Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

everything voids warranty!!

So i called the dealer i intend to purchase my new 2010 rxt-x 260 today with a 5 year warranty. I told him I was sold on the seadoo, but I intend to modify it and wanted to know if any of them were going to void warranty. I told him i intended to install a 4in kanaflex air, riva's speed limiter removal, and a solas prop. He says, he'll make some phone calls and see what he can do.
    He calls me back and tells me seadoo says anything not made by seadoo will void the warranty.
    I tell him to tell them that the riva module was approved by seadoo. He says he'll call both of them and see whats up.
    He calls me back and says he called both and it does void warranty.
    SO..now i guess i'm going to still buy it, slip in a solas prop without them knowing and go from there. OH and does that riva module show up on there computer, if it doesn't then i guess i can do it.

+1
    Seems like that dealer is uptight about warranty. My advice is to try to find another dealer which can give you better support on mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Seems like that dealer is uptight about warranty. My advice is to try to find another dealer which can give you better support on mods.
    Exactly as ImAShark said. My dealer will warranty everything!

+1
    Just wait until your 10 hour service to add your mods. That way, you won't need the stealer for anything really. When or if you take it to the stealer, remove the parts and place OEM ones back in. I realize the OEM intake system is a pain, but if your stealer is acting that way, better be safe than sorry.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I agree, and I promise you he didn't call anyone about this... he just pretended he did

Definitely look for another dealer to buy from.

Well the dealer I'm buying from isnt the one that is going to be servicing it. Soo..

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    never understood why dealers do this..even in the car industry tehy do it....they try to find some excuse not to cover even if it is a bs one...9 time out of 10 if it isnt covered under warrenty people take it somewhere else to get it fixed..because the dealers are usually the most expensive place in town to get work done.....the factories do pay the dealers for warenty work...so why they try so hard to run the work off ill never understand..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    never understood why dealers do this..even in the car industry tehy do it....they try to find some excuse not to cover even if it is a bs one...9 time out of 10 if it isnt covered under warrenty people take it somewhere else to get it fixed..because the dealers are usually the most expensive place in town to get work done.....the factories do pay the dealers for warenty work...so why they try so hard to run the work off ill never understand..

+1. I never understood this either. They are getting paid to fix the problem, so why are they throwing business away.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    +1. I never understood this either. They are getting paid to fix the problem, so why are they throwing business away.
    Maybe they should find someone who has actual business development skills...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post

I think alot it has the do with the dealers relationship with the oem, some dealers are more by the book and weary of shady warranty repairs because of fear of getting their distributorship yanked, or not being reimbursed for the job. Lets just say that whenever the paperwork is submitted to the oem for payment, it normally contains some, ''exaggerated truths''.. Some just simply do not want to be caught.

I've worked for quite a few auto/truck dealers, Mercedes, Ford and Peterbilt.... two dealers were VERY bold when it came to warranties, simply because of the pull they had with the oems. They were very large with multiple dealerships up and down the eastern seaboard. I've seen mustangs and cobras come in with melted pistons, still with the blower bracket or n20 soleniods bolted to the car and still get a fresh crate motor, no questions asked. I've seen intakes warrantied after getting blown to bits from nitrous backfies.

With the Cat powered Peterbilts...warranty was a complete nightmare. Try getting them to warranty a turbo after the owner cranked the fuel up or something....some of the newer ecm's log data, over revs, changes to fuel mapping, ect. You can believe Cat asked for printouts proir to any warranty approvals. Other techs around the joint made comments about never having those problems at other dealers with cat.

Had a SVT Lightning that started making weird tapping noises, figured I would take it in under warranty and avoid screwing with it. Took it to a small ford dealer and they wouldn't touch it, because I added a smaller billet pully to the factory blower. Took it to another and they fixed one of the timing chains no questions asked.....

Just my 2 cents...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information