Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Kissimmee / St Johns River ride March26/27 or April 2/3rd?

Hi everyone.

I live in the UK (unfortunately) and have had the pleasure of visiting Florida several times, my parents have a place there and we have a couple of skis.

A couple of years ago i tagged along a ride on the St Johns river with many of the Soflo riders which for me was my best ever days skiing as its so unlike anything im used to back here in the UK!

My friend & I are coming over for a couple of weeks from March 23rd until April 4th and was hoping i could tag along & meet up with someone who knows where they are going & what they are doing. We have a couple of skis - just dont want to get lost & gator bait!

Im also planning to ski over on the West coast, Tampa perhaps.

Would be great if someone could help us out

Dale

[email protected]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dalef10ods View Post
    Hi everyone.

I live in the UK (unfortunately) and have had the pleasure of visiting Florida several times, my parents have a place there and we have a couple of skis.

A couple of years ago i tagged along a ride on the St Johns river with many of the Soflo riders which for me was my best ever days skiing as its so unlike anything im used to back here in the UK!

My friend & I are coming over for a couple of weeks from March 23rd until April 4th and was hoping i could tag along & meet up with someone who knows where they are going & what they are doing. We have a couple of skis - just dont want to get lost & gator bait!

Dale

[email protected]
    Hey, I remember you guys, you were the ones that ended up in the sawgrass on the north run of the St. Johns?? I will have to find the pictures. Come on, let's ride.

Right now...St. Johns has no water, but the Kissimmee River has plenty of water.

+1
    It would be great to have you guys join us on a ride around the islands in the gulf, the weekend of the 26-27th of March! Probably be better for the 27th, that way Jim (Jim's Performance) and Leo along with some of the other forum members could ride to! Lets do it! Just let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    It would be great to have you guys join us on a ride around the islands in the gulf, the weekend of the 26-27th of March! Probably be better for the 27th, that way Jim (Jim's Performance) and Leo along with some of the other forum members could ride to! Lets do it! Just let me know.
    Definitely that sounds perfect thank you and either day suits us so keep me posted and we will be there! Will be great to put faces to names too, been following the forum for years and recently has a plate off Jim.

SHODude, yes that's me- thought I was a gators lunch after going off into that grass- lucky everyone came back for me or I'd probably still be there! Kissimmee river would be good-I've watched videos of it so yes let's ride definitely!

+1
    Hi everyone.

Dale

[email protected]
    Tampa Bay Jet Ski Club Home Page

We usually have people riding on weekends and sometimes people have weekdays off but that isn't regularly. Hope to see you on the water.

+1
    Definitely that sounds perfect thank you and either day suits us so keep me posted and we will be there! Will be great to put faces to names too, been following the forum for years and recently has a plate off Jim.

SHODude, yes that's me- thought I was a gators lunch after going off into that grass- lucky everyone came back for me or I'd probably still be there! Kissimmee river would be good-I've watched videos of it so yes let's ride definitely!
    Kissimee is definitely a great ride. Gotta check it out while your here. SLOdude and a bunch of us regulars are always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    let me know if you guys coming to the next ride.

+1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03218.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	228936Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03237.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	228937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03217.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	228935

+1
    Haha I hadn't seen those photos! If you have any more id love to copy them off you sometime. The hole we punched in the sawgrass closed up after we went in ( quite a long way too!) I remember thinking I hope someone realises we are gone as we were wedged in there and the ski wouldn't budge. My excuse is the GTX Ltd didn't handle like my RXPX and I think I still owe everyone a drink!

On the subject of skis I'm looking to buy two ideally on double trailer under $12k the pair if anyone has anything. Must be under 80 hours too.

Will be good to try the Kissimee river this time so I'll stay in touch, likewise Tampa thank you for the info Ken

+1
    Just want to follow up to see if you guys have an agenda yet.
    From my understanding we will be doing Dunedin/Clearwater area March 27th and I am leading?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information