Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Supercharger wheel upgrade

Hi i am new to the fourms. i recently own an 09 yamaha fzr. bought it brand new and currently have 78 hours on it. current mods are riva air intake, riva high flow exhaust, riva waterbox, riva intake manifold upgrade ribbon removal, hks bov, r&d intake grate, and solas dynafly prop. my question is im looking to throw a few more mods on for this summer. i was looking at the r&d C1 wheel... my question is can i run the sc wheel without upgradeing injectors or fuel pump... also i was looking into getting the powershot fuel tuner with it, and can i still remain to run on 87 octane or do i have to run 91 octane now.. ? thanks,

dante

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneedragger85 View Post
    Hi i am new to the fourms. i recently own an 09 yamaha fzr. bought it brand new and currently have 78 hours on it. current mods are riva air intake, riva high flow exhaust, riva waterbox, riva intake manifold upgrade ribbon removal, hks bov, r&d intake grate, and solas dynafly prop. my question is im looking to throw a few more mods on for this summer. i was looking at the r&d C1 wheel... my question is can i run the sc wheel without upgradeing injectors or fuel pump... also i was looking into getting the powershot fuel tuner with it, and can i still remain to run on 87 octane or do i have to run 91 octane now.. ? thanks,

dante
    you can run a c3 or a c5 with stock injectors even with a r2 or r3 reflas and run it on 91 octane.
    what about your intercooler?
    a r2 ecu with a c3 wheel and the jd ic is a great combination. and you will be hitting 80+mph with it.
    running 78 -79 mph all day.
    my results are in my signature.
    of course air and water temps will effect your results as well.

+1
    Stock intercooler, i mean i would love to see some high speed gains but really im looking to try to keep it on running 87 if possible. sometimes we do alot of long distant riding here in nj so being able to run regular and have decent fuel mileage is a great thing for me.. thats my limitation. i see guys running the reflashes and some without......so i was kinda just looking for a smaller gain. few mph increase for this comming season so i can spank on all my buddies. who does the reflashes?

+1
    Yes, you will be fine with stock injectors & fuel pressure with the C1. If you are staying with the stock intercooler & ECU, the powershot really isn't necessary to add fuel since the stock fuel map is very rich. You will however need to adress the boost limiter in the stock ECU to get full performance out of the C1. This can be done several ways...the cheapest fix is the Riva boost clamp, but a reflash or powershot also raise the boost limiter. If you're sure you won't want to mod further the boost clamp is the way to go, but if you think you might want more power down the road it might make more sense to get the powershot which both raises the boost limit to 10psi & can deliver additional fueling to support further mods. R&D does recommend 91 with the C1.

That being said, a reflash will give you both a big bump in performance & better fuel range. A friend & I did a 60 mile ride a few weeks back, him with stock ECU stage 1 SHO & me with stage 1 SHO + R2 reflash + Riva intercooler. As we neared the ramp I had just hit 1/4 tank while he had been on the low fuel buzzer for several miles. A reflash will cost just slightly more than a C1 + boost clamp & will be a lot more bang for the buck. Some things to consider are it will void your warranty & will also require 91.

FYI, both the reflash or C1 will require repitching your impeller for optimal results. The reflashes are done by R&D & can be purchased here(use "greenhulk" coupon code for 10% off):
    R&D ECU Reprogramming : PWCPerformance.com

+1
    ok thanks a bunch... i have to decide what i wanna do, idont know if i wanna get into that and start running premium here. it gets expensive out here on the water...

+1
    ok thanks a bunch... i have to decide what i wanna do, idont know if i wanna get into that and start running premium here. it gets expensive out here on the water...
    If you have a good IC you can run the C1 + reflash on 87 I think. But then you might need a powershot because the IC will change your AFRs.

+1
    hey mjh3ides i clicked on your ecu reprogramming link. i think the R1 kit will work best for me, ill do the reflash and get the c1 wheel. says works safe with 89 octane wich on the water here they sell alot of 89 or 93... that might be my best bet. hopefully theres some decent performance gains with that and fuel consumption doesnt go down too crazy. thanks

+1
    hey mjh3ides i clicked on your ecu reprogramming link. i think the R1 kit will work best for me, ill do the reflash and get the c1 wheel. says works safe with 89 octane wich on the water here they sell alot of 89 or 93... that might be my best bet. hopefully theres some decent performance gains with that and fuel consumption doesnt go down too crazy. thanks
    You'll be very pleased with those mods. They will be a huge improvement over stock and still keep your ski safe and reliable on low octane fuel.

don't forget to use the greenhulk coupon code to save 10% off those listed prices.

+1
    Thanks greenhulk thats exactly what i have been searching for. just wanna have a few extras on the ski for this comming season. most of the people around here are mostly stock and theres constantly new people on the water with brand new stock skis so i just wanna rip on everyone that trys to race. i figured with the comming tax return cash ide do riva rear exhaust too and a nice seat cover to top it off with the reflash etc.. deffinately counting the days till spring!

Or you could let Colleen sell you some beat azz ski , and let her top notch techs work on it for you..lol... Just kidding D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information