Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ugrades while replacing carbon seal???

Lets have some fun with this. So what do yall think I should entertain in upgrading while I replace my carbon seal??

I'm in the middle of this job now and have yet to order the seal and associated parts.
    Opinions, comments etc....i just dont want to put it all back together and then think, damn I shoulda/coulda done this while i was at it!

Speedfreaks nose cone?
    Is there a better carbon seal somewhere?
    Pump stuff?
    Etc?
    Etc?

My current mods are in my sig and I'd like to be knocking on 80mph by summer - without getting a differet charger with ECU and huge ass injectors etc

thanks!

+1
    Stick with the OEM seal assembly, change the ride plate or modify the OEM.

Oh, and get you a pump wedge.....

Yea I was thinking of a wedge earlier. I put one on my '96 Polaris back when, but never recalled any extra speed - but then again, wasnt using ang GPSs back then either, heh.
    So, these wedges are lifting RXPs up higher and getting more speed? Whats happening to the handling at high speeds? Is it more tedious and less predictable in the 70s?

I'd like to get a closed loop plate...during my research there this past several months, ive never been able to get anyone to tell me how it is that skis are getting 2mph from Jim's $195 modified open plate. The pic in greenhulk store simply looks like a sanded and polished OEM plate. I can polish my own plate for free if thats it.....but 2mph gain??? Seems like a stretch to me unless Im not "getting" something here.
    Plus, i dont think i want to spend $650 for a open loop plate with skegs just to get another 0.5-1mph over the $195 open plate.

+1
    I would go with a Riva plate and heat exchanger, Kanaflex intake, Definitely a bilge pump if you don't already have one.

I have a used carbon seal with the accordion boot which I used for less then an hour if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I would go with a Riva plate and heat exchanger, Kanaflex intake, Definitely a bilge pump if you don't already have one.

I have a used carbon seal with the accordion boot which I used for less then an hour if you are interested.
    Ive looked for the "kanaflex" in the past....but never seen it in greenhulk store. where do i find this kit, and is it still a front air intake kit?

I've read way too much that Riva plates fit for shit...and besides, doesnt a closed plate ONLY get 1mph more than some of these open plates (Jims/Speedfreaks)? I dont believe that the cost of a heat exchanger plus cost of a Riva that needs grinding is worth 1mph. Unless yall have some additional comments to change my mind

Only 1hr on your carbon seal and boot?? Gotta ask, why's that?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Ive looked for the "kanaflex" in the past....but never seen it in greenhulk store. where do i find this kit, and is it still a front air intake kit?

I've read way too much that Riva plates fit for shit...and besides, doesnt a closed plate ONLY get 1mph more than some of these open plates (Jims/Speedfreaks)? I dont believe that the cost of a heat exchanger plus cost of a Riva that needs grinding is worth 1mph. Unless yall have some additional comments to change my mind

Only 1hr on your carbon seal and boot?? Gotta ask, why's that?
    Because I installed it new when I put in my first turbo kit and later found out I had a bad motor not even an hour into testing. I'm building my motor right now and will be changing many things and the carbon seal will be something which I'm going to change because it won't handle the amount of power i'm planning to make.

and about the Kanaflex kit, here you go:
    Fizzle 4 air intake kit - $179.00 : PWCPerformance.com

Ohhh....the fizzle.

PM sent on carbon seal

Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Yea I was thinking of a wedge earlier. I put one on my '96 Polaris back when, but never recalled any extra speed - but then again, wasnt using ang GPSs back then either, heh.
    So, these wedges are supposed to be lifting RXPs up higher and getting more speed (so how much are guys actually GPS'ing with wedges?).
    Whats happening to the handling at high speeds....is handling more tedious and less predictable after the wedge?

I'd like to get a closed loop plate...during my research there this past several months, ive never been able to get anyone to tell me how it is that skis are getting 2mph from Jim's $195 modified open plate. The pic in greenhulk store simply looks like a sanded and polished OEM plate. I can polish my own plate for free if thats it.....but 2mph gain??? Seems like a stretch to me unless Im not "getting" something here.
    Plus, i dont think i want to spend $650 for a open loop plate with skegs just to get another 0.5-1mph over the $195 open plate.

Bump for any comments/opinions here please.

+1
    If you want more speed then there are two options, reduce drag or add power. Of coure both is always better!!! The cheapest and easiest is to reduce drag by lifting the nose a bit, too much lift will result in less handling but for straight line speed runs its not so bad. Once you get to a certain level of mods you can just about calculate each 1 mph speed gain to $1,000 bucks. Anything over 80 mph and speed gains are even harder to acheive and really begin to hurt the old pocket book!!! Those Jim's modded plates are not simply polished, the closed loop plates have been machined on the top side to gain a little angle, the boss's have been shaved at the rear of the plate. The plates are very well dressed on the bottomas well, they have a slight taper towards the rear but its hard to see in the pics. Well worth the money, I think Jim will still modify your stock OEM plate for a smaller price than purchasing a complete modified plate.

Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Those Jim's modded plates are not simply polished, the closed loop plates have been machined on the top side to gain a little angle, the boss's have been shaved at the rear of the plate. The plates are very well dressed on the bottomas well, they have a slight taper towards the rear but its hard to see in the pics. Well worth the money, I think Jim will still modify your stock OEM plate for a smaller price than purchasing a complete modified plate.
    Yea Jim has only given me a brief description in a PM some time back. Yours is more explanatory, but are you saying ALL of that work is done to this $195 plate in the link?? Because the pic and description dont explain/show shit:
    All Sea Doo 4-Tec's - modification to your ride plate [4-tec mod] - $195.00 : PWCPerformance.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information