How to check oil level on 2007 GP1300R

I'm the new proud owner of a 2007 GP1300R. I know I may come across a little thick but for the life of me I can't figure out how to check the oil level. I look inside the craft and can see the tank but can't really tell level and I see there is an oil warning indicator light on the display when I first start it. Is it that this light comes on when it needs oil? and if so how many litres of petrol do you have left to use when this light comes.
    I would really appreciate some help on this one, so please help out a thicko here.

Cheers Ears.

+1
    welcome to GH..you'll be able to blog and chat with people that have that same ski...your ski holds 5.5 liters(1.5gal.)...sorry to say there is no oil gauge for your ski...when the oil light comes on momentarily when you start up, it go through its sensor ck like a car..THAT LIGHT SHOULD NOT STAY ON OR HAVE A CONTINIOUS WARNING BEEP...the only way for sure you have a good amount of oil is to pull the seat off and with a flashlight or good sunlight look at the oil tank...you can see the "shadow" level horizontally across the tank...it should be just below the spout...that way your good for the day...before going out for the day put a funnel in to add oil till almost the top...you can never have to much oil in the tank...gives you piece of mind that low oil won't be an issue if you ride long distances or forget to add some mornings...but always ck before going out...good habit

Thanks for the info on oil, will go and top up this morning. I'm away on holiday and no dedicated Yamaha dealer within miles, can I use any outboard 2 stroke oil for my ski?

Thanks for the info on oil, will go and top up this morning. I'm away on holiday and no dedicated Yamaha dealer within miles, can I use any outboard 2 stroke oil for my ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maher Mighty View Post
    its assumed your ski is stock...i would do a "search" here on GH ,to see different brands guys have used....if your desperate any 2 stroke oil "made for pwc" will be sufficent...I was out on the water last yr and since my ski is highly modified burns gas/oil like mad...did some long distance riding that day without tapping off in the morning..well oil light and alarm went on but luckly was a few miles from a marina...bought any 2 stroke they had...pennnzoil I believe...got me through ,no prob...if oil light and alarm go off you may have maybe 30 mins or 10 -15 miles before damage will happen,I'm but not so sure... don't want to find out...

Hey Guys

Does a 2007 Gp1300R have enough power to pull two tubes at the same time? The reason for my silly question is that I have try'd it yesterday and it sounds and feels like a clutch slipping,is this normal or something wrong with my ski?

thanx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamayami View Post
    Hey Guys

Does a 2007 Gp1300R have enough power to pull two tubes at the same time? The reason for my silly question is that I have try'd it yesterday and it sounds and feels like a clutch slipping,is this normal or something wrong with my ski?

thanx
    sounds like you burnt up your impeller and/or wear ring

Thread Information