+1

collinite wax on ski?

i use collinite fleet wax on my boat and the stuff works great im wondering if i should give it a shot on my sho does any1 use it on the newer nano hull skis?

+1
    The SHO (and all yamaha skis) are clear coat so if the wax says it is for clear coat then it should work fine. The reason I say that is a lot of marine waxes are for gelcoat. Personally, I use meguires gold class carnuba plus wax on my ski and the stuff is amazing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    The SHO (and all yamaha skis) are clear coat so if the wax says it is for clear coat then it should work fine. The reason I say that is a lot of marine waxes are for gelcoat. Personally, I use meguires gold class carnuba plus wax on my ski and the stuff is amazing.
    yea..i been using meguires flagship marine wax on the ski works real good.. on the boat i use collinite fleet wax and it holds up longer then meguires might try it on the ski this yr

+1
    Fleetwax No. 885 is what I use on my FZ and all of my other PWCs and cars. It is the most durable wax there is. Carnauba makes a great shine also but it's just not as long lasting.

Carnauba has some of the best optical qualities (gives that deep wet look to dark paint), but it is not very durable. Some of the most expensive carnauba waxes need to be reapplied every 30 days. I use Zaino Z2 on my vehicles, so it also gets put on the ski...Once a year is more than enough to keep it glossy and beading water. Longest lasting wax I've ever used (I hate waxing vehicles, so this is important to me)...and I've tried most of the "off the shelf" waxes, and they don't even come close, in durability.

+1
    A friend of mine swears by Griots wax. I tried it once, its very oily.

I am a fan of Collonite.

At the beginning of each season I use Collonite #920 to clean the surface of my Waverunner and follow-up with two coats of Collonite #925. The wax lasts for the entire season in the salt water environment.

http://www.collinitemarine.com/products.htm#925

It is relatively easy to apply. The only real pain is crawling under the trailer and avoiding banging into the cross members.

-njjoe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Carnauba has some of the best optical qualities (gives that deep wet look to dark paint), but it is not very durable. Some of the most expensive carnauba waxes need to be reapplied every 30 days. I use Zaino Z2 on my vehicles, so it also gets put on the ski...Once a year is more than enough to keep it glossy and beading water. Longest lasting wax I've ever used (I hate waxing vehicles, so this is important to me)...and I've tried most of the "off the shelf" waxes, and they don't even come close, in durability.
    Do you ride in salt or fresh water. I love the Zaino stuff and it lasts on the cars like nothing else! No comparison whatever. However when I first got my FZR the first thing I did before it even hit the water was to put the Zaino on it. I was disappointed that it did not hold up that long. Dave, from Zaino said that nothing holds up very well to the salt water and that is why I ask. I'm going to talk to Sal Z. more about it next time I see him.

a neighbor uses this on his SHO.
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...chAutoComplete

I use Plexus on the visor, and sometimes on the hull for a quick detail. it is good for painted surfaces as well...

+1
    The carnauba waxes do not hold up in extreme environments like the polymers do. That's why McGuires holds up better because it is of the newer polymer technology. We do a lot of riding in some very hard water and to be honest most waxes still do not hold up well to that kind of hard water, especially if you have a painted ski and not gelcoat.
    Something I learned is that you can actually take Fluid Film and wipe down the top part of your ski and wipe off access afterwards. The hard water and salt do not penetrate the film and it makes for cleaning up your ski much easier! I know, it's sounds greasy but it's really not. I coated my SHO's and it seems to work great. Afterwards just soap and water it and it cleans up nice without the hard water spots! And you can put it right over your wax job. I even wiped some it on my vinyl on the hood and around the steering column head. Worked great and it never looked greasy at all. It looked more like I had put a vinyl protectant over it without the shine!

Thread Information