+1

want some go fast goodies

I would like to get more hole shot/top end.. Pump wise I have ride plate, intake grate, and a concord. Is there a wedge or different nozzle I could try?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xplayer2885 View Post
    I would like to get more hole shot/top end.. Pump wise I have ride plate, intake grate, and a concord. Is there a wedge or different nozzle I could try?
    Holeshot and Top end really doesn't go together without adding more horsepower. A wedge would help wiith top end getting more of the ski out of the water. Reeds would give you a quicker response out of the hole and won't hurt top end. Adding a pro Cdi could get you more RPM's for more top speed.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    X, get a SS 6 vane and a long pump set up.

A wedge will help with more top end. (standard on a long pump)

Have you looked into the AAt? Bored nozzle for more bottom end, and the AAT will help keep the top speed.

Reeds are a good idea.

High compression heads

How about a 780 top end? (+12 HP)

+1
    Were can I find the AAT bored nozzle as I would be interested in them. I already have V-force reeds..for the long pump dont I need a different steering cable? Not that I would mind doing that. The high comp heads spook me a little seeing all the blow ups.

+1
    The Adjust A Thrust is the adjustable tail cone by WetWolf. http://wetwolf.com/

You will need to have your stock nozzle bored oversize 3mm to a total 87mm.

Long pump: you can add an extension to your stock steering cable, so replacement isn't necessary.

High comp heads won't kill your engine any more than stock. Some guys are afraid of the Ocean Pro heads because of the swirl. They think it leads to detonation, and the one-piece design can cause an issue if the cyls are not EXACTLY the same height.

That's why I would recommend you contact Jay at Sharp's Marine and have your stockers cut for 92 octane. (around $40ea) If you want to go 1 step further, they can cut the heads for O rings so you never have to use gaskets again. You can inspect piston wash by removing the heads, then reinstalling without needing new gaskets.

+1
    X, how much for the long pump setup? An what wil I gain from it? Is there also a way to mount accelerator pumps on each carb and to ditch the hi-flow mikuni.

1+ FOR THE ADJUST A THRUST

long pump setups can be found for pretty reasonable most id pay is 140 for a used setup

youll need a long driveshaft unless you go with a pro setup stator

but the att is different between the normal and the pro setup

+1
    You only need a few parts to make yours a long pump. Hell, Lugs bought a long pump with driveshaft for something like $50 plus shipping 2 weeks ago. Keep your eye out.

Long pump will gain you 1-2 MPH with no engine mods or tuning required. Will also give you more agressive steering.

Get the SS 6 vane and you'll get another 1 MPH with better accel because of better pump efficiency. (not to mention no broken stator vanes like the aluminum ones)

No accel pumps for Mikuni. What hi-flow Mikuni do you speak of?? the fuel pump????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    You only need a few parts to make yours a long pump. Hell, Lugs bought a long pump with driveshaft for something like $50 plus shipping 2 weeks ago. Keep your eye out.

Long pump will gain you 1-2 MPH with no engine mods or tuning required. Will also give you more agressive steering.

Get the SS 6 vane and you'll get another 1 MPH with better accel because of better pump efficiency. (not to mention no broken stator vanes like the aluminum ones)

No accel pumps for Mikuni. What hi-flow Mikuni do you speak of?? the fuel pump????
    Yes the mikuni fuel pump. Is there better carbs that I can get?? I looked on eBay for the 6 van with no luck.

+1
    They're (6 vane) on Ebay, just way overpriced. Maybe see if Lugs has one for sale?

I think John Zigler had one for sale too.

I guess I'm not really following why you want to eliminate the external fuel pump??? Something's got to feed the carbs with fuel pressure.

What's your definition of better? Sure there are bigger and more expensive performance oriented carbs available. But most will say they won't add much to a mostly stock ski, but will definately affect your fuel consumption. Now if you have a ported motor and performance exhaust, bigger carbs would be beneficial.

There's really nothing wrong with the SuperBN's you have. Hell, you can have them bored bigger if need be. Sharp's can do that.

Here's a nice list of 750 mods, and shows what they will improve. Polaris 750 Personal Watercraft High Performance Modifications

Not sure what you're looking to spend, but you can always put a 780 top end onto your ski for a 12HP boost.

Here's Her new ride, a 1995 SLT 750 with a 780 engine.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/pola...-new-ride.html

It moves along quite nicely. Gives SLTX's a run for there $$$. Check out the video "of river riding 01" posted in #370.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/pola...gether-37.html

Ryan's in a full Superman position, while Steph is standing up.

Thread Information